Password Lock A Map

risker

Reaction score
Alright, the general concept of the code is that if they don't type a certain string within a time period of say 10seconds they will get an auto-defeat.

I've been trying to put this together and for some reason it either makes a syntax error or just doesn't work when the timer runs out..

Would someone mind helping me out with this script and explain it when they put it together with comment tags.

Much thanks

EDIT:

looking around i found this thread
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1149461&postcount=10

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Both of the ways I have are.. uhhh... "dirty scripting" and you may get a handful of people talking about leaks, and posting a 3 page trigger that is leak free.

However, since these are only intended to keep a private map private, and the leaks are so few, I keep it short and simple.

Trigger:
  • Password Copy Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 30.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Index Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Trigger - Remove (This trigger) from the trigger queue
              • Trigger - Add (This trigger) to the trigger queue (Checking conditions)
              • Game - Defeat (Picked player) with the message: This is a Private m...
            • Else - Actions

^^Of course, you have another trigger, below.
Trigger:
  • Display Copy
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Safe as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Index = 1

One thing you would have to do, is change the "remove this trigger from queue" and "add this trigger to queue" that makes the game ALT+F4 for everyone. I think it is a nicer touch than simply kicking them. Essentially, player 1 (hopefully you) has to enter your password (-safe) within the first 30 seconds. If you do, it will change the interger variable to 1. After 30 seconds, if the interger variable is still 0, it will run the trigger. It picks all players, and defeats them; or, crashes the game for everyone.

The other way; the way that I use now, is:
Trigger:
  • Password Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (String((Name of (Picked player))) as Lower case) Not equal to player 1
              • (String((Name of (Picked player))) as Lower case) Not equal to glorn2
            • Then - Actions
              • Trigger - Remove (This trigger) from the trigger queue
              • Trigger - Add (This trigger) to the trigger queue (Checking conditions)
              • Game - Defeat (Picked player) with the message: This is a Private m...
            • Else - Actions

This one I like more. If you have a list of testers for your map, you just add their names. Anyone who plays the map and is not on the list, will be kicked. Again, you would want to remove my trigger queue action if you only want the person kicked, rather than the game to crash. Pretty simple, it checks all players names, converts their names to lower case (so it isnt case sensitive) and if someone is playing who isnt on the list, BAM.
just copy/paste the condition and add more names to it. I have about 50 people on my list who help me test my map. Before I added the system, my map got leaked to the public 8 times in about 5 months. Some of the leaked edits were terrible... After making the trigger, I have had zero leaks in 8 months.

Any questions?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
How about you use the Player enters a chat string event, if the string equals your code, then set boolean[player number of triggering player] to true. After the timer runs out pick every player in players playing and if boolean[player number of picked player] == false then defeat them. I believe that should work fine.

sLsIDK

Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.