Patch not working for maps I edit?

R

RikuArthas

Like it says, it seems like the stuff that gets added in the patches doesn't apply after I edit a map. For example, the Tomb of Relics sells clarity potions again, frost wyrms do piercing damage instead of magic, and the three new tavern heroes aren't in the tavern. Right now I just have some custom items/item abilities, nothing huge. When I first import the object data into the map it all looks fine, but when i save and reload the frost wyrms are doing piercing damage again. I feel like I'm missing something simple like an 'apply patch' check box. Thanks in advance.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
You might try to use Froze Throne only stuff :D
Meaning: You installed the 'patch' (I assume you mean the expansion) now you just have to use some frozen throne only units to play with it's features, or else it will auto go Reign of Chaos, so, just place something like a obsidian statue, or use sunken ruins as tileset.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>Infinity.4SK

The Tomb of Relics is Frozen Throne only. As is the Tavern.

>Cookiemaster

A good suggestion. Reinstall, and connect to Battle.net to pick up all the patches.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
oh yeah forgot, sorry, Maybe you uhh, didnt put the tavern down or else it would be more like a 'damaged' version of tft, reinstalling wont fix it if frost wyrms still have piercing while FT units are used.

edit--> maybe get the patch from another location, bliz downloader can sometimes damage patch files while delivering them, (as can any download manager)

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Try go to 'Scenario - Map Options' and at the bottom, there's a 'Game data set'. Set that to 'Melee (Latest Patch)'.

R

RikuArthas

Galdiuz, you rule. That's exactly the kind of thing I figured I missed. Thank you all!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.