Pause Unit while keeping the Spell Icons etc.?

Imp Midna

Reaction score
When i pause my unit using Pause Unit, the ability's icons (as well as the patroul icon, move icons etc) will dissapear, making me unable to give the unit commands to be queued and executed after the unit is unpaused again. I know that i can use a stun ability to archive that (as it still allows me to give those commands), but i dont like the idea of beeing limited to a dummy unit with a constant amound of levels, making me unable to use non-integer durations (or beeing forced to have an insanely huge ability to be able to have an adequate resolution).

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You could have a stun ability with 0.00 duration, and remove the buff via triggers. But it would still be overwritten by normal stun abilities, if you have any.

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
You could have a stun ability with 0.00 duration, and remove the buff via triggers. But it would still be overwritten by normal stun abilities, if you have any.
would it help if you create different buff for the stun ability, and then remove the specific buff instead of stunned(pause) or you mean that if the target gets stunned during this "pause" the stun will wear off.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
would it help if you create different buff for the stun ability, and then remove the specific buff instead of stunned(pause) or you mean that if the target gets stunned during this "pause" the stun will wear off.
The only way to "stun" a unit normally will be through Storm Bolt, War Stomp or one of the other default Warcraft abilities, all of which use the same buff. So if you use the 0.00 duration method, casting one of these abilities on the target will overwrite the 0.00 duration buff with a new one, thus interfering with the simulated "pause" effect.

Making the unit invulnerable might fix this oversight, though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.