PC doesn't make it past Windows load screen

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
EDIT: This is no longer a problem. I decided the sure way to fix it is by reformatting. Thanks anyway. This can be locked.

Well the problem is in the title. Basically a few moments after it starts up, I get that screen where you choose how you would like to run the comp.

When I choose to 'run the normally 'or 'last known configs', it goes to the default splash/loadscreen with the logo and bar - but a few second moments after that it resets itself and the process starts all over again.

When I choose ANY of the 'safe mode' options, it loads up a whole bunch of systems/proccesses but it also resets itself and everything starts all over again. So basically I can't get to the welcome screen and logon.

Everything was fine last night and I have no idea what could've caused this problem.

Other misc info:
  • After the first few seconds (before the options screen) I get a black screen with blinking cursor (don't think I usually got it before this problem)

• vax347b.sys appears to load last when choosing any of the safe modes (can be cancelled by pressing ESC) but it dissappears after about 3 seconds (maybe because it finished?) I read that the system is apart of 'Acohol 120' (which I have installed) so maybe it isn't apart of the problem.

Any guesses on what might be the problem, and what could fix it? If any additional information is needed, just tell me and I'll try to find out. Thanks for your time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.