Peons growing trees?

Vonpuppin

Reaction score
Is there any way for me to give peon's the ability to "grow trees" (build a building that looks like a tree and can be harvested like one)? I tried copying a gold mine, making it targeted like a tree, setting its health to the amount of lumber i'd like, then switching the model, but they cant gather it. I can't make peon's build doodads either. Any ideas?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
What you can do is:
assign a dummy target point ability to that peon, name it Grow Trees. (impale, carrion swarm)
When the peon clicks the ability and then a point on a ground, save that point (set point_var = target point of ability)
Then create a destructible - tree at that point, (dont sure if you can slow the animation)
You would have to set the lumber hp and other stuff in the editor

Vonpuppin

Reaction score
Ok, I get what you're saying, but I don't see a trigger event that says when _ uses _ ability, so I cant set the variable to the point to spawn the tree... so my question is how do I make the trigger?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Plant Tree
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability (Unit - Generic Unit Event)
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Plant Tree (Ability Comparison)
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast) (Set Variable)
      • Destructible - Create a Summer Tree Wall at TempPoint facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation (Random integer number between 0 and 9) (Destructible - Create)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint) (Custom Script)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.