Permastun from Ministun

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Is there any valid reason why a unit would get permastunned? The duration of the original stun is 0.50 seconds, and that works most of the time. But occasionally a unit gets stunned and the buff isn't removed.

Cast Frost Wave and see the effect. All required info should be in the map.

Attachments

• Frost Wave.w3x
    25.9 KB · Views: 243

Bigheaded

Reaction score
had a quick look my thoughts:

I could not get it to work on "spawned" creeps. IMO this is because they belong to a player, not a neutral creep.

The reason why the neutral hostiles are getting permastunned i'm not sure as i dont really understand the spell too much. I did notice a few things:
On the first hit, the creep is permastunned. If a second missile then hit's it, the creep is then taken out of stun. third hit again permastuns, 4th removes etc etc etc.

So i hope this is of some help. I have triggered literally 1 spell so i'm not the one to ask WHY it is working fine on player units but not on creeps.

Just one last note:
Trigger:
  • Frost Wave Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Wave
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to FrostWaveGroup

triggering unit is the unit the spell is being cast on? i prefer to use "event response casting unit (for the caster of the spell)" or "target unit of ability being cast" (for the targetted unit).
IMO there is no "triggering unit" here. It still works so obviously triggering works also. So you can ignore this really :p

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
I have no idea what causes that, nor how to fix it. I think I'll just implement a custom stun system.

On a side note: A unit starts the effect of an ability. Who starts it? The unit that casts the ability. So who fires the event? The caster.
Triggering unit is better as it survives waits, which can't be said for the other two.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
Code:
For each (Integer A) from -15 to 15, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by 799.00 towards (Real((Integer A))) degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 Gnoll Brute for Neutral Hostile at TempPoint2 facing Default building facing degrees
        [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Unit - Pause (Last created unit)[/COLOR][/B]
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)

that's the problem, buff duration is PAUSED if the unit is paused. Well, it's like that most of the time

p.s: I wonder why those creeps didn't response when I damaged them, so that's why, lol

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
I thought that only applied to existing buffs when a unit becomes paused. So no pausing?

I'm still going to customise the stun system a bit anyway, but I feel this remains a problem unsolved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.