Phantom Lancer spell problem

mathiashl

Reaction score
when the phantom lancer (DOTA) uses the phantom lance or something like that i dont remember the name.there comes an illusion at the position at the unit target by the ability. I dont know how to do that . I already have all his other abilitys. Help me please :confused:.

sorry for bad english.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
I think this demo map would help
---
basically, when the hero attacks, there is a chance that he will duplicate himself :).
ability Wand of Illusion is used for creating illusions.

Attachments

• [Spell] Juxtapose.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 220

mathiashl

Reaction score
Wand of Illusion...

I know its wand of illusion.
I said that the clone is created at the position of the caster but want it to be created at the positon of the unit that I hit with the phantom lance.
And Im not trying to make juxtapose.:thdown:

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
He want the first spell, what send a lance to the target and when the lance hit the target create a illusion of Phantom Lancer
When you cast it, all illusion cast it too, probably when you cast the spell, dummys are created at position of illusion, then add the spell and order to cast.

I think is easy to do it
Create a ability target unit type with buffer
When you cast it, the missil will 'fly' to the target and hit it, when hited will add buff to the target (slow in dota), now just create a trigger checker if someone has that buff, if true then create dummy, add item and order unit to use it

Sonic

Reaction score
maybe , it is easy to do
just check if unit has buff x and create an item at position of hero give it and order to right click

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
maybe , it is easy to do
just check if unit has buff x and create an item at position of hero give it and order to right click

Left click and the illusion don't is created in position of hero, is created in position of target when the orb hit

95blojoe

Reaction score
when the phantom lancer (DOTA) uses the phantom lance or something like that i dont remember the name.there comes an illusion at the position at the unit target by the ability. I dont know how to do that . I already have all his other abilitys. Help me please :confused:.

sorry for bad english.
I made the spell after your description.

Attachments

• PhantomLancer.w3x
    17.5 KB · Views: 197

mathiashl

Reaction score
I made the spell after your description.

NO NO No.
that spell creates an illusion of the unit it hits.
(had you never played as phantom lancer before)
I WANT TO MOVE THE ******* ILLUSION TO THE POSITION OF THE UNIT THATS HIT BY THE LANCE!!
its the caster that i want to make an illusion of not the unit that i hit with the lance:mad:

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Dude, stop crying for Pete's Sake. Can't you change a simple trigger? Sheesh. That guy really deserves more than your gibberish talk.

Sonic

Reaction score
NO NO No.
I WANT TO MOVE THE ******* ILLUSION TO THE POSITION OF THE UNIT THATS HIT BY THE LANCE!!
its the caster that i want to make an illusion of not the unit that i hit with the lance:mad:

If you want as you want so cr8 yourself don't cry!!

95blojoe

Reaction score
NO NO No.
Umm, What about move summoned unit to possition of ability being cast?
Dude, stop crying for Pete's Sake. Can't you change a simple trigger? Sheesh. That guy really deserves more than your gibberish talk.

True :D

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
DotA creates the illusion next to phantom lancer and move it instantly to target position:cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.