Please help with a chat system...

johnnymra

Reaction score
I'm making an rpg map which has 2 teams but i want to create an chat system that whenever a player types something it will show as a "game message" to everyone (no matter he types it in allies/all/observers/private) and if he types something with "-" in front it should appear a text above the character...
There is a totally similar system in the map Phase Killer if someone knows it... and i just don't know how to do it :(
PS: if it's JASS what i need then maybe you could create or point me to a system already made because i suck at JASS.
Or at least if you can't help me... please give me an ideea on how can some bad guys (the killers, which look like the other players) could step by approximately without being recognised...

WaterKnight

Reaction score
For events there is Player - Chat Message. Just require an empty string and that only a substring must be matching.

A response for this event is Event Response - Entered Chat String. With another function Substring you can cut out a part of a string. See the example in grey on that function to know how the characters in the string are indexed. You should also take the integer function String Length into account. You can have a string comparison in conditions. The text above the character is probably a text tag, which possesses an own category in actions. Now, craft your solution.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.