[Politics] N.Korea answers Bush's letter

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- North Korea delivered a verbal response Friday to a letter President Bush sent to North Korean leader Kim Jong Il earlier this month about the progress of nuclear talks, officials said.

Details of the response were not immediately released but senior State Department officials said the gist was that North Korea plans to hold up its end of the bargain and expects the United States to do the same.

Bush's letter indicated six-party talks aimed at denuclearization of the Korean peninsula were at a "critical juncture."

More here.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I wonder if there could be some 'positive' effects from WWIII. I mean, there might be SOMETHING. (Of course, there will probably be more negative things)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I say take the bomb out of the issue and see what they say. IMHO, the US should move all bases out of South Korea and let South Korea deal with North Korea. We have no business being there. North Korea is no threat to us. They have no missles that can reach us. If the Koreans want to nuke themselves who the hell is the US to stop it.

Take the fear of the US out of the N. Koreans lives and I bet things change. Fear is a powerful tool in the controlling people.

Look at Vietnam. We trade with them now. They are not our enemy.

esb

Reaction score
Well, if you let S.K. deal with N.K., and they start taking over each other territory, eventually only one will win. This will expand their country, and give them more power. So in short, they will unite, under control of either the North or the South. THEN they will have enough power to make missiles or whatever they want pretty much.

OR

Either the North or South attacks the other, the attacked asks for help from allies, allies do help. Attacker asks for their allies. If I'm not mistaken, that's how WWI started (So maybe it was just one assassination). Welcome to WWIII

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you seen that heat map they have on Korea? It is totally dark over North Korea. Those people are in the stone age. Nothing we do ever gets to them anyway. Same with Cuba. I say lets stop trying to kill them and start talking and trade with them. Communism is not something we need to be protected from I am sorry to say. Of course sometimes I wonder about democrats and even the republicans of these days :eek:

esb

Reaction score
There is no perfect government, mainly because of corruption, greed, and the "need" for power.

THe government isn't the bad one, it's the people running it.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.