Portal ability

L

Lingoo

Hello again

Now this might be alittle hard to explain, but I'll do my best.

I want my summoned shimmering portal (made the ability from pocket factory, replaced the model with the 'shimmering portal' model) to have a teleport effect to a certain location (made a region). Now my problem is: I CAN make the selectable shimmering portals in the WE to lead somewhere, but how to make the new ones that are summoned in game to lead to somewhere thats a bit of a bugger. I added the 'waygate ability', but I can only activate it on the portals currently existing in WE.

If you don't understand what I mean, I'll try to explain it further...

Thx in advance :)

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
What is the shimmering portal? Is it a building, doodad or unit?

You could try

Unit enters map
Unit equal to portal
Give entering unit waygate ability

Or something...

The-Shadows

Reaction score
You can triggering the units that closed to Warp Portal(maybe 100~200 distance) to move another place.

Or try u make summon Way Gate
After summoned make it Open Way Gate for action

J

JRPereira

Is this portal supposed to stay alive for a cetain period of time and then disappear? You might want to just try triggering the whole thing.

- Determine the source and end points for the portal
- Create the visual effects and save them to variables
- Create regions around the entrance points for the portals (or just point if it's 1-way). You'll probably need to set those regions to globals for below:
- Dynamically create triggers for units entering those regions that were just created, and have the function for the triggers be ones that find out which portal entrance region the unit went to and move that unit to the corrosponding portal exit.
- After x period of time, destroy the triggers, regions, etc. (aka just clean up).

Unfortunately this doesn't have the automatic pathfinding like the waygates, but you could probably trigger in similar functionality using the waygate functions.

It would basically be like:
- Create waygate-type structures (maybe ones that use the portal model) at the start and end point.
- Create regions around each of those waygate structures (destinations for the other gate).
- Set the waygate destinations to be the corrosponding regions around the other gate (aka A to B and B to A).
- After x seconds, remove the waygate-structures.

L

Lingoo

Hello again

I've created an ability wich summons a shimmering portal (path is from an ordinary unit) and I've given it the waygate ability, created a certain location (region) where it spos to lead to. The problem is that I can only "activate a waygate point" for the shimmering portal specifically created in WE. When I summon one in game it doesnt have the waygate point activated, it doesn't lead anywhere.

Now my question is:
Is there any way to make this possible, with triggers I assume, anything would due. And if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle could ya post a script or atleast something like it, I'm pretty new to this trigger thing :p

Thx in advance :)

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
I think looks like this :)
Code:
Neutral Building - Set (MyWayGate) destination to (Center of (Destination_Region))
Neutral Building - Enable (MyWayGate)

Kinda what you were looking for, right? :p

L

Lingoo

hmmm... I dont rly understand, if you mean a certain waygate, selectable, with 'my waygate' I dont think this is the thing Im looking for, I want my summoned waygates in game to automatically lead to a certain location.

or have I missunderstood you :p ?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
When the WayGate is summoned, set it as a variable (for example, MyWayGate)
Then you can 'set' the destination of the WayGate, and Enable the WayGate using the previous code given by Advena.

L

Lingoo

I did the exact thing that Advena told me to, but it still doesn't work. I'll take a look at that website you posted, ty.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.