Possible conflict? Area damage and Timed Life?

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else has come across this.

I create a unit, then apply a Generic expiration.
At expiration the unit dies and deals x damage to the surrounding area.

The expiring unit can be damaged directly (i.e. if my hero attacks it.) Any normal units that are in the damage area get hurt. Any units that have a generic expiration in the damage area does not get hurt.

Anyone know why this is and if theres a way to fix it so the expiring units damage any closeby units that already have an expiration?

chovynz

Reaction score
area damage
In Gui
Code:
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

In Jass
JASS:
   call UnitDamagePoint(Unit, delay, radius, X, Y, amount, attackboolean, rangedboolean, attackType, damagetype, weapontype)

native UnitDamagePoint takes unit whichUnit, real delay, real radius, real x, real y, real amount, boolean attack, boolean ranged, attacktype attackType, damagetype damageType, weapontype weaponType returns boolean

My triggers if you must know.
JASS:
   set Mine = CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(Caster), MineID(), CasterX, CasterY, bj_UNIT_FACING)
   call UnitApplyTimedLife(Mine ,'BTLF', MineFuse())
   call TriggerSleepAction(MineFuse())

set Explosion = CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(Caster),'h00Q',GetUnitX(Mine),GetUnitY(Mine),bj_UNIT_FACING)
   call UnitDamagePoint(Mine, 0, MineBlastRadius(), GetUnitX(Mine), GetUnitY(Mine), MineDamage(), true, false, ATTACK_TYPE_MELEE, DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL, WEAPON_TYPE_WHOKNOWS)
   call UnitApplyTimedLife(Explosion, 'BTLF', 2)

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
As in like a meat wagon splash?
Edit:
Are the timed units invulnerable to that attack type or damage type?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
So you don't want the Expiring Unit to damage any other Expiring Unit?
Well, as far as I know, 'Unit - Damage Area' deals damage to ALL units.

My suggestion is to add units with Expiration Timer (after you give it) to a Unit Group.
Then when you're going to do damage, pick all units within the expiring unit that doesn't belong to that Unit Group, and cause it to damage Picked Unit.

Hope it helps :)

chovynz

Reaction score
As in like a meat wagon splash?
Edit:
Are the timed units invulnerable to that attack type or damage type?
I dont think so. They are based off Goblin Land Mine. They have the AOE damage upon death (Goblin Mine) (This might be the thing interfering actually, now that I think about it.)

Edit: I turn on all options in the object editor, i changed the AOE type to big mine and sappers...No change at all.
So you don't want the Expiring Unit to damage any other Expiring Unit?
Well, as far as I know, 'Unit - Damage Area' deals damage to ALL units.

My suggestion is to add units with Expiration Timer (after you give it) to a Unit Group.
Then when you're going to do damage, pick all units within the expiring unit that doesn't belong to that Unit Group, and cause it to damage Picked Unit.

Hope it helps
I thought it damaged all units as well. I DO want it to damage every unit. That's why this puzzles me.

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure, do you mean to have the midpoint in the centre of the map?
Code:
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You want it to Damage all units in the area, including all other mines or not.

chovynz

Reaction score
-.-
I think I'm not being clear.

Yes, I want the mine to damage all units, including other mines.
My unit is a custom unit based off Goblin Mine. The mines have the AOE damage upon death (Goblin Mine) ability.

All mines have a timed life applied to them (that's a Generic Expiration to all you Guiers.) When they die they explode.

The ONLY units that are NOT getting affected by the mines explosions, but they SHOULD BE affected, are other mines.

Changing the AOE damage to sappers or Big Mine in the object editor, nor targeted as, nor allow targets doesn't make the mines take damage.

Choppa: that GUI code has nothing to do with my trigger. That is the standard Damage Area GUI Action. I am using Jass which looks like this:
JASS:
   call UnitDamagePoint(Mine, 0, MineBlastRadius(), GetUnitX(Mine), GetUnitY(Mine), MineDamage(), true, false, ATTACK_TYPE_MELEE, DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL, WEAPON_TYPE_WHOKNOWS)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Ooh, now I get it, but I don't know the correct solution yet XD
Try picking all the mines nearby, kill them and do damage.

Reaction score

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If the mines have hp lesser than the explosion damage, then use trigger to pick them up and Kill them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.