Primary and Secondary attacks, minimun range and so on.....

Grobak

Reaction score
Hi!

I've encountered the following problem: I wanted to make an archer with two attacks, the 1st is the ranged, and the second is a melee attack, so if anybody comes close to the archer, it can defend itself with a relatively useful melee attack. My idea was to make a minimum range for that ranged attack , so if someone is in this min range, the archer would use his 2nd attack aganist him. The problem is that the min attack range affects both attack types. My second thought was to make a spell that changes him from melee to ranged, making triggers to change between his primary and secondary attack, but again i couldnt find a way to enable his 2nd attack via triggers. If anyone can solve each of the problems i would be very thankful.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The very best solution to this problem is to use a metamorphosis like spell which switches the unit from one unit type to an other, whereas one of them is the melee version and the other the ranged version.
Unfortunately a unit cannot use 2 different attacks which both target the same kinds of enemies.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could use a multishot with a reduced range and different damage, i believe its based off barage but i havent tried making one yet
or you could use chaos (permanent unit-type change) where you give it chaos to change it into unit 1 when an enemy is close to the archer, then when there isnt, give it chaos 2, and it will become the original unit (changes it back), you can spam chaos on one unit to keep changing it from unit to unit and back, but they must have the same abilities and must both be hero or unit, not 1 hero and 1 unit, they arent inter-change-able

Kike

Reaction score
Chaos is an abilitie that "hold" the transformation, like the berseker upgrade of the orcs that make the head hunters change forever into berseker, check in editor, they have something like chaos hold/hold chaos :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.