Problem with creating an ability similar to Broodmother's "spawn spiderling"

zomgguy

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to create an ability similar to the dota hero Broodmother's "spawn spiderlings" ability. I called it Vampire's Bite. Except, instead of being an active skill, it is a passive skill that is applied with each attack.

Everytime my vampire attacks normally, it injects the venom into the target, and if the target dies with that venom, it will turn into a vampire minion (non-summon).

I tried creating a dummy ability (for the hero to learn the ability), then using triggers to activate the skill. I created a Vampiric Aura spell, renamed it (and changed the icon) and removed all of its effects.

But I'm not sure how to go about with the triggers. I need help as to what kind of triggers I'm looking at and the general outline of what to write for each trigger. If you can write the trigger for me all the better :D

Lastly...Am I taking the wrong approach to making this skill? If you can, please suggest a better/easier approach :)

Thanks you!

emilemil1

Reaction score
Am i wrong if i say that this skill already exists? As orb of darkness/black arrow and so on?

You did not mention if the venom should do any damage over time. If it does, that would be a different deal.

I forgot how you detected if a dying unit has a buff. If you are going for the DoT approach you will need triggers, otherwise not.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.