Problem with Custom Unit

Mindless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've exported a unit from SCII and imported into 3DS Max with the M3 Import/Export Plugin. After editing the model in 3DS Max, I exported it and saved it back to m3 file.

Now, I've added this model as an imported model in the SCII Editor. The model shows up just fine in the preview and in the editor, but somehow the model turns completely red when viewed running the map in Starcraft II.

Can anyone throw any light upon this problem? I will be immensely grateful.

eXirrah

Reaction score
I've never seen something like this so this is a shot in the dark...

If you edited the model's mesh then there is a high probability that you need to redo the UVW settings of the model.

Mindless

Reaction score
I just rotated the whole model by -90 degrees on the z-axis. Then exported it again. Does this count as editing the mesh? If so, I still do not understand what do you mean by redoing the UVW settings on the model. (Forgive me, I'm new to modelling.)

Additionally, I noticed when I previewed the model on SCII Previewer, it had a folder that was titled Lights(24). This is something the exported model do not have (it has a folder called Lights(0)) so I'm wondering if this could be the problem. If it is, can you tell me how to import and export the model's lighting system(?)?

Jack[RCDF

Reaction score
I believe you have to import the custom texture first, save your map, close the editor, start it up again, and THEN import the custom model. This may only apply to WoW models though, not sure.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.