Program?

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
IM looking for a lazy Tool Tip Generator, for me, I made a picutre for you to look at and here it is. I do not expect the program to look like this but maybe something like it as an example. I would make the program myself but I would not know where to start. Is there a program like this?

Nothing is working ima try a diff hosting place..
BTW I made this in like 5 minutes out of a folder window :p

I

imalazyloser

Dude id ont see it either.. When i first posted it showed.. now it doesnt?

yeh yeh...just look at my link :cool: lol and see if that helps... if not then idk wut ur talking about :confused:

lol nice avatar btw...evil baby too -.- i would hate to babysit him

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
let me ask, what exactly do you want it to do? if you want it to generate tooltips for you, thats going to be kinda hard because programs cannot read your mind (unless you have a super hi-tech microchip in your brain and a super fast computer to process the information while at the same time write what you think in the correct place in the world editor), unless your super rich, lazy will not work out for you, and when i mean super rich i mean rich to such a point where you can live your life in luxury without a job and without haveing to lift a single finger for money for your entire life) do the tooltips yourself or quit mapmakeing now and never return you lazy bum

edit: i see the pic now -_-

edit 2: -_- they have that on the editor already, you dont need a program for that just right click and push auto fill fields...

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
Thanks for avatar comment, I am gana change the sig on it but its pretty sweet orc baby.. I finally loaded it on ImageShack and now the thumbnail is working. Check the image out now.. And I've checked Hive workshop and w3 campign like everywhere =/

And dude, then why are there other programs for anything? For lazy people. And it was an expression. Jeeze. Why are you using email? Or picutre editors? Phh do them by hand and scan them.. Mail stuff instad of E-mail ur the lazy bum... I was just curious about the program and your dogging me. So don't.

P.S. If you saw image (Working on it) then you would know what I mean. Know your facts before you post.

I

imalazyloser

let me ask, what exactly do you want it to do? if you want it to generate tooltips for you, thats going to be kinda hard because programs cannot read your mind (unless you have a super hi-tech microchip in your brain and a super fast computer to process the information while at the same time write what you think in the correct place in the world editor), unless your super rich, lazy will not work out for you, and when i mean super rich i mean rich to such a point where you can live your life in luxury without a job and without haveing to lift a single finger for money for your entire life) do the tooltips yourself or quit mapmakeing now and never return you lazy bum

edit: i see the pic now -_-

edit 2: -_- they have that on the editor already, you dont need a program for that just right click and push auto fill fields...

ur not nice lol :D
(aight im done with this topic)

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
Yeah but do they ahve a color picker? And so you can change the color of Levels area? or say the Note and make it red or blue or whatever? They don't have a specified section for levels either that double spaces and puts in Hex codes with the hotkey either.. You know its real hard to do the hex codes for the hotkey too..

Edit: Think outside the box. or Circle... Or Triangle..

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
sigh......

you can put the color in the text by adding this to the front of the text
|(made by holding shift then pushing the \ key)c(starts the "coloring" process)FF(sets tranparenct to 255<100%>)##,##,##|r(put after text, remove commas between the ##)
from left to right for the ##, red, green, blue
put two numbers or letters there, rangeing from 0-F (0 is lowest, F is highest, wc3 uses hex to determan the color of the text)
if you want a warning it would look something like this
|cFFFF0000Warning!|r
and it would turn out red, once again you only need to type this for one, then use the funtion thats inside of WE to cover the rest

if you dont understand me, refer to this tut
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38095

if your too lazy to type out the values of each skill, your lucky we will do that for you too (dosent show until in game)
just put this in place of the #s
<AHds,Dur1>
the <> are required
the AHds is the raw value of the ability (you can check this in the object editor push crtl+D to activate it, and crtl+D to deavtivate it when your done)
the "," tells the editor that its going to load another value, the value after this will be displayed
Dur1 is the raw code of the value, once again check the raw data to get the data right

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It's not hard.
Just do one level. For colors, use the c|######LETTER|r, not too hard. Then use the auto fill like psiblade said. There are a program or 2 that will do the color editing for you, and all you would have to do is copy and paste to the correct fields, hope you aren't too lazy to do that >_<
Did you even go to the link provided?
This is the CLOSEST you will get to what you want...
[EDIT: Wrong link given :p, but there is one around there...]

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i think theres no such program....
but you can easily make tooltips...just get some color codes and try to edit tooltips

esb

Reaction score
There IS a program that puts the tooltips codes for you... but I lost it :p

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
thanks for the quick, no there is no program. reply much appreciated I do understand the colors and the hex codes im not an idiot. I was just curious if there was a tool someone made for that, as it is a extra and time consuming task.

Edit: Esb do you have a name of the program? Because that is what i am looking for.. and I don't get why Psi is obsessed with me being lazy. It was a description of the program saying it makes life a little bit easier. Like omg...
Even thought your a jerk thanks for the time you put int the thread *rolls eyes*..

Edit: And I was thinking it would make it simple as instead of putting the "Shortcuts" to the data in the descrition the tool would just have you fill in the blanks and then generate the hole code including the colors, the data "shortcutes", and text. If you get what I mean. Say when you enter the color as red and you put Hey for the text and then its for level one, it would ive you a code [(HexCode)] Level 1: [(Hex Code)][Data for level one "shortcut"]Hey.. something like that but it would look less code like when you type it so its "noob" friendly... I understand fully about everything was just curious about it.

Im not asking, "How do I make tooltips"...

esb

Reaction score
Lol, yeah >_<
It's a program you install, Sebastian's Warcraft Tools.
The name of the program is WarCraft3 - Tooltipwriter.
Looks like this:
ooriffcj8.png

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
For the color coding thing, maybe can use this? Not sure this is what you want? But maybe can try to look for some in the Useful Tool section?

I've gotten the color coding program thing from the Useful Tool section anyway.... Hope it helps... :)

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
what ive been using for decades for color coding is "war3Colour", google it? Made by "magos". Then just simply copy paste it into the tooltip and autofill ofc..blabla

>>From Thread Starter: I would make the program myself but I would not know where to start
Well, you did manage to pull off a picture, of how it might look like, then, get on with C++ and create it? :)

Edit, seeing others commenting your picture, I might as well do the same, it is SURE ugly! I might, yes, not help you actually, in future1, because I cannot stand ugly things:( :)
Thats me though..Its not a cool pic, nor funny , nor anything, just plain ugly ;)

Edit2; read your edit, ok...Get the knowledge and get the cash, get the time, sign up for some classes/courses...Get in action, today, cause there might be no tomorrow!

Edit3; Avatar ofc, green ugly kid..Its... it is what it is i guess, plain ugly:)
No offence ofc:) I couldnt care less but.. :)

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
Thanks guys those are the results ive been looking for~! :)!
Can't find the Sebastian's Warcraft Tools, WarCraft3 - Tooltip writer.

Edit: Yeah I have been workin with C++, :) But I've only scratched the surface. And learning big programs like that cost $ which as a studen I don't have. And I'm sadly not in college and not taking any computer programming classes yet.. :) I can only make DOS Programs.. Hehe, Hopefully I will get to make programs for lazy gamerz tho! I know what to do, but at same time I don't have the tools and knowlege..

Edit: OKay your dogging on my pic.. Are you talking about my avatar? Or The program?

Edit: Hello, OKay I have the money but not time to spend, and I'm not taking those courses now when I'm not in college yet, when I am ill take the courses... So hello!

Edit: Its an ORC Baby... Hello!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.