[Project Polarity] Project, any map making assistant??

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I was planning to test my triggering skills in building this first ever map, the Project Polarity. This was an AOS map, from which, the purpose is to enjoy. So, the plan is what follows:

1. The map has forging and elemental features.
2. Heroes will be refer as mercenaries.
3. Heroes are unique in their own way.
4. Heroes will have different classes like, Time Mage, Lightning Warlock, Flame Swordsman, etc.
5. Of course, it has to be fun.

I was wonderin if anyone could assist me in designing the map as I honestly SUX at terraining... After the map, I'll do the rest....

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Well, can you give us more information?

How will the heroes be unique?
What do you mean by "Mercenaries?"
Can you tell us how you're gonna make it fun?
Elemental Features? Like what?

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Well, for example:

1. Elemental Features: Fire Essence + Sword = Flameberge

Flameberge effect = 10% AOE damage.....

2. Mercenaries: The story goes like this, 2 clans are on a war, lets say Clan A hire 5 different mercenaries (5 players)from different nations... Lets say the nations are Fire, Wind, Water, Earth... Whenever the Nation of the Hero you picked will be his abilities... If you picked for example a Swordsman from the fire nation(Your Hero), then he gets fire abilities... Then in the Game, all hero shall be refer as mercenaries... For example, if you pick a hero: "(Your Name) has CHosen Kael, a mercenary of the Fire Nation"...

3. Of course, it is an AOS map, so it was meant to be fun... The Map could be fun if it as unique features... for example, Quest Items...... Another is team work.... Working with different nations could bring up different results... Lets say for example: a fire swordsman has an ability explosion, where he damages the enemy depending on his current HP - 10% of it, then afterwards, a Wind Priest could heal him......... Also I am planning to add a "Build your own stats feature" so that players could have full control of their stats..........

4. Making Hero Uniques: as it was stated above, Each hero has different origins, a swordsman from the Fire and Wind Nation have different abilities and stats........

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Question, can other players pick the same nation? If so, can they pick the same Origin like swordsman/mage/assasin/titan/etc..

And how is this played? Do all mercenaries in the team share the same experience? And can other nations buy other Elemental Items, like:
Flame Swordy can buy Frost Sword, which slows enemies from every attack
Frost Mage buy Flame Sword - (o_O), which does splash damage (but sword is for meele XD)

Anyway, looking forward to your map.. Maybe good but not the best..
Your not looking for suggestions, right? Im not seeing anything about suggestions in your post so.... (BLAH) -.-Zzzzzzz....

SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,RETARD_SPAM_POST by DenZel94 (thats me!!)

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
All mercenaries can use the same weapons like other does... A Flame type can also equip a frost sword....

I already assembled the teams.. Force 1 should be the Alliance, and Force 2 should be the Horde, more like of Candy War...

All players can pick the same Nation of course... The Nations are assembled to be the taverns, for example: Fire tavern, Water Tavern, Wind Tavern, Earth tavern... But unfortunately, Players could not pick the same mercenaries(aka Hero)... But players can use mages in the same tavern unless they have different names... for example: players can use Lich(water tavern) and lets say Crystal Maiden(water tavern).. Well they are both mages but they are different from each other... Mercenaries in a team shares experience just like in other AOS maps...

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
ertaboy, I'dd be delighted to help you, I'm pretty good at terraining, but also good at making triggers and abilities as long as no Jass is involved (I can also make quite good cinematics)

denmax

Reaction score
If you need help on something THAN terraining, just ask me, like how do you do Breathe Fire but damage is based in intelligence? Or how do you do juxtapose? or something like that..

EDiT: this is GUI and maybe with leaks, as im so lazy on fixin them.. (Except if i make the map)
EDIT2: Aww man i forgot why i was gonna edit this T_T (no really, my memory span is so short, and i still 13 (newly 13))

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I have no problems regarding in triggers(I hope). That Juxtapose you mentioned, I think it was a skill from Phantom Lancer. Well Its quite easy really, it was only, what you call that, Wand of Illusion?.......

By the way, do you have an idea how to pick units on a cone??? or it was just using the breath of fire's buff in order to damage it by intelligence...

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
I'd be happy to help. I can do simple triggered abilities, and maybe that selecting units in a cone thing. As long as JASS is not required. I can't do that. :(

Anyway, I can do a bit of terraining as well. And I have a lot of creativity, so if you're short on ideas, I can help you. :D

denmax

Reaction score
I have no problems regarding in triggers(I hope). That Juxtapose you mentioned, I think it was a skill from Phantom Lancer. Well Its quite easy really, it was only, what you call that, Wand of Illusion?.......

By the way, do you have an idea how to pick units on a cone??? or it was just using the breath of fire's buff in order to damage it by intelligence...

Yes, i know how to pick in a cone.. (well not really a cone, retangular like)..
And I know much more triggers, its just 2 of my ideas.

EDIT: Picking of units is RECTANGULAR, and the damage of Breath is not in a cone, it only says like it is in a cone..
And I can make ideas as well... (BrainStorming)
And of course i can't do JASS..

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I'm so lame in terraining, but yet I'll try... I'll post the design if I'm finish later...

By the way, got any interesting ideas about classes(i.e. swordsman, assassin, sorcerers, etc...)???

I will add a sidequest in the map, if you had any ideas to share, would you mind sharing it.... My friend gave me an idea related to Dragon Ball, the idea is if you complete collecting 6 orbs(that will scatter all over the map) you will get 1 wish, either:
1. Instantly Kill a hero.
2. Instant Level up your team by 2..
3. Not yet decided.....

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Well, it sounds interesting enough, I'll give ideas and such.

I can terrain later on, like sprucing up the area, but that's about it, I'm swamped with work right now.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Another thing is, I will include less possible Dialogs, why? because dialogs halts gameplay....

denmax

Reaction score
Bump!!!

At last, I'm a graduate now!!
I can help you anytime between March 31 to June 1 - 5
If you are still at work, please PM or just post here on how I can help you.. (are you working on it now?)

BUMP!!!

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Hi... I'm currently in the 75% of terraining. When I finish terrain, can you guys do the designs?? maybe some doodads or modifying the map a little bit... I'll finish it maybe, tomorrow...

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Ok so here's the map template(need more editing though). If you don't mind, would you edit it, you can modify/add/delete some of it... Also, if you like, you could contribute your own map like this one which is much better....:)

Heres the link http://www.geocities.com/lynxxnet/outline.zip ..... Right click and choose 'save target as' to download...

denmax

Reaction score
Next tym, please use the edit button. This would be counted as double post/spam already.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.