Proof that our country is headed in the wrong direction

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
This news article really pissed me off I dont see how anyone could support the stupidity of the school on this one. Just usual dumb officials who think they are doing the politically correct thing when actually they are just acting like idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
...Idiots.
Politically correct is some true BS.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Expressing their individuality, good lord. It's like people who want the right to brag about being straight during a gay pride festival. Those boys put on those bandannas to provoke people and that's why they were sent home, and this story is just written from an altered point of view to stir the drama. Has pride really just become a media object of manipulation?

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Alright I'll be the devil's advocate on this one.
It could very well be argued that the school's action on that day were preventive measures. This very well have turned into a fight at any school with a significant Mexican population and while I don't completely agree with the school's initiatives, I think its ignorant that many are jumping on the liberals on this one (on the website's comments).
And btw, I'm pretty sure "Political correctness" has nothing to do with this news article.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If the mexican students were offended by the bandanas the school had every right to send them home. Different cultures have different values, though americans might think that a national holiday isn't that huge of a deal, mexicans value national holidays more.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that

I talk good and stuff, don't be hatin'. This is America, not Mexico; I don't care how close to the border you are or how many Mexican-Americans are in the school. I mean, if I was living in Mexico right on the border, you had better take down all the mexican flags on Independence day or I might split some wigs, hurr.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
As long as its not the Confederate flag I don't mind people having patriotism on ANY day, Cinco de mayo isn't even an important holiday in America and half these Mexican-Americans think it's Independence Day...:banghead:

I wore a shirt with the bald eagle with the text "America" on that day and didn't have anyone call me out on that day. The school just decided to go on the safe side rather than to take chances.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
It's America not Mexico.If anything the Mexcians should be grateful you guys let them celebrate Cinco de Mayo.I mean seriously they came to your country it's a privilege for them to stay in it.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It's America not Mexico.If anything the Mexcians should be grateful you guys let them celebrate Cinco de Mayo.I mean seriously they came to your country it's a privilege for them to stay in it.

Nope.

They pay taxes.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If anything the Mexcians should be grateful you guys let them celebrate Cinco de Mayo.I mean seriously they came to your country it's a privilege for them to stay in it.
opposed to what, kicking mexicans out? that's just a jerk thing to do.

Nope.
They pay taxes.
in other words, the americans should be grateful that the mexicans came to their country.

ontopic: still not seeing what's so horrible about this article...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
This is kinda fucked up :nuts:
It's Just a T-shirt with a flag.

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
in other words, the americans should be grateful that the mexicans came to their country.

These Mexicans don't have to be grateful they can live in the USA, those students didn't come in illegaly and they pay taxes like everyone else (They aren't Mexicans, they're Americans...), so why does one m*********er have to be grateful to be an American, while the other can be proud to be an American, while both have the same legal status?

Wearing American flags on an important Mexican day on a school with a lot of Mexicans is just tasteless. Reaction is over the top (from all sides), but we're used to American hypersensivity by now.

@Bob: I can :)

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
I wasn't disagreeing with you bronx. :confused:

Sorry man, I thought you were and I just don't agree with you on Americans having to be grateful for the Mexicans, but well, you got the point ;). Also I don't know why I quoted you.

Some similar atmosphere is in European countries as well. It is sort of 'common knowledge' that moroccan youngsters are more criminal than our country's innate counterpart and that they show alot of disrespect towards the country's innate culture. These people also have some days they want to celebrate. But hey, not all of them are criminals and disrespect our culture (I think most of them aren't) so let them have their day, and don't try to spoil it. Express your individuality any other day.

How can wearing a country's colors be expressing individuality? Since when is individuality associating yourself with a group?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
If the mexican students were offended by the bandanas the school had every right to send them home. Different cultures have different values, though americans might think that a national holiday isn't that huge of a deal, mexicans value national holidays more.

Mexicans celebrating a Mexican holiday while living in America is completely ridiculous. They can keep their heritage without needing a holiday in America. Their parents immigrated from Mexico to America for a good reason.

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
Mexicans celebrating a Mexican holiday while living in America is completely ridiculous. They can keep their heritage without needing a holiday in America. Their parents immigrated from Mexico to America for a good reason.

Same goes for any other American. The only real Americans are the native Americans. Y'all know your heritage very, very well.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Same goes for any other American. The only real Americans are the native Americans. Y'all know your heritage very, very well.

America, founded by immigrants, for immigrants.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I hope you know Native Americans are actually migrants.

Prometheus

Reaction score
No? Then how come historic evidence shows that they traveled over here from Africa and the other "Cradle of Life" places?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.