Tutorial Protecting Your Map (The Easy Way)

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
DDRtists said:
That is so easy to get around when you do it like that :rolleyes:

all you would have to do is get a mpq extracter and delete the 2 files and your done.

I know but n00bs wont know how to do this at least people that know what to do can edit your map.

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think Vex's Map Optimizer has a option to ignore strings which makes this method completly obsolete?

zyzfcs

Reaction score
just a noob question

Orc_Tamer said:
I hope this makes it to the Tutorial Section :rolleyes:

are u going to get $cash award or something :p , if this gets posted on Warcraft Tutorial? :nuts: just asking

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Nope, nothing, just so people can see it. I allready got some rep from some people :cool:

Q

qqqq

question

what you said about noobs do you mean that people can still open this map at will? Like people who know more abt maps can still get it?

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Yeah, but those people probably know enough about the editor to at least rip off your map well. Maybe they will do a better job than you did...

F

fdagdfgdfg

mhhhmmm lol so ill use this and heavy locker with vex's and it shud be pretty hard to get into ? :p

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
If you can make a melee map you are better than half of the idiots with 14 IQ that steal maps on battle.net.

Don't feel bad.

B

Biskelion

ya true

but what if you don't really want people screwing with your project after months of work :banghead: and eventually name it as theirs taking all your credit. I have had friends that got their maps jacked after being protected and those sob's who took the map got all the credit. >_< otherwise i would have all my maps unprotected :rolleyes:

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
If you love your map to peices and never want it stolen, you have two options:

1)Never let it leave your computer, never post it on battle.net.
2)Copyright everything in it and then sue anyone who seems to have copied it.

Protecting is only preventive.

T

Tieme

Even if you were to copyright your map, it wouldn't matter unless they stole your map then sold it...which....I doubt would happen....so unfortunately your best solution is just to use protection.....every time

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
For reference, everyone:

Poor Man's Copyright
1)Take whatever you want to copyright and copy it.
2)Write 'Copyright claimed by (your name) on (date)' all over the copy, and somewhere on the original.
3)Put the copy in an envelope/box and mail it to yourself.
4)Wait.

When it somes back with the little seal on it that the mail service puts over the stamps, keep that envelope/box. Your object is now copyrighted. If anyone challenges this, just use the copy (still in its mailing container) as evidence. Since the object has gone through a government process and passed with a seal on it, it is technically copyrighted, because you claimed a copyright and the government 'okayed' it.

Rad

Reaction score
Dude..............thats genious!

````

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but this is pretty much the same thing as This Tutorial on Wc3Campaigns. Credits was given in small text at the bottom of his tutorial, but I dont think we should give him all the credit.

I

ircrap

Weird.... How come I dont see Import manager...

Is it only for frozen throne?? -_-

im on ROC world editor

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.