Tutorial Protecting Your Map (The Easy Way)

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ircrap said:
What exactly does mpq viewer do?

Its a program that opens your war3mpq in there you can find anything warcraft 3 has like models, portraits , skins , and many more

I

ircrap

isit an mpq editor? i searched on google on mpq viewer found one, after i dled and installed it, it says warcraft3mpqeditor??

so what am i suppose to do with the mpq editor to protect my maps?

ReVolver

Reaction score
ircrap said:
isit an mpq editor? i searched on google on mpq viewer found one, after i dled and installed it, it says warcraft3mpqeditor??

so what am i suppose to do with the mpq editor to protect my maps?

Delete the files in my tutorial -check the 1st picture

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Simple. Easy. Pretty sweet. Its so easy, why not use it and something else to protect your map? This would take like 5 seconds.

For reference, everyone:

Poor Man's Copyright
1)Take whatever you want to copyright and copy it.
2)Write 'Copyright claimed by (your name) on (date)' all over the copy, and somewhere on the original.
3)Put the copy in an envelope/box and mail it to yourself.
4)Wait.

When it somes back with the little seal on it that the mail service puts over the stamps, keep that envelope/box. Your object is now copyrighted. If anyone challenges this, just use the copy (still in its mailing container) as evidence. Since the object has gone through a government process and passed with a seal on it, it is technically copyrighted, because you claimed a copyright and the government 'okayed' it.

Wow, it makes sense... sort of... one probelm with copyrighting things on battlenet, how do you know who to sue?

ReVolver

Reaction score
UnknowVector said:
Simple. Easy. Pretty sweet. Its so easy, why not use it and something else to protect your map? This would take like 5 seconds.

Thanks UnknownVector for your comment.

T

Trotim

But if they know how to unprotect it then they are worthy enough to have a look at it anyway. In my humble opinion.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Yeah That too....

People can still copy your spells your terrain without acually unprotecting your map.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
You know, if you think about it, since maps are all generated the same way, it's entirely possible to have a copy of a map by complete chance.

This means who cares really, it's all free and it's just data... I'd only protect a map that I need to work on some more so people don't copy incomplete versions and then give me credit for shoddy work...

D

DJTricky

Man, i did this but it wont save. I just says "Unable to save blahblahblah"
Dang man, always happens to me.

Edit: Never mind, seems i had more then one instance of the map up.

turok255

Reaction score
Sigh....yeah thats fine and all but theres easy ways to get around it (Most have been said already) i'll stick with vex's optimizer

PS:if your worried about vex's opt corrupting map then copy/paste map before you do it, duh...

K

Kevin

Hey OT!:D

Ty for this.

I am making it a subscription.

Vex's optimizer is bugging my map out totally. So this helps me protect my map ^_^

Ice Bane

Reaction score
Is there a way?

Is there not a single way to open it if you arent a real "hacker" or whatever?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.