PS 3 Controller or 360 for PC games?

warcraft7

Reaction score
Which will work better for most PC Games? i know i got a PS 3 controller to work for my PS1 emulator, but will that work for say Resident evil 4 on PC? or Resident evil 3? or..say skyrim?

Like does anyone know if the controller is classified as a "gamepad" for most games when using the PS 3 drivers...or the 360 drivers? or does it only work for certain games heck if possible id even try to play wow with a controller lol

just a thought cuz some games just feel better with a controller....

thanks for any answers

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
Games that use the Games for Windows Live (GFWL) software will normally have support for the Microsoft Xbox 360 style USB controller as they provide the function in the settings menu of the game. Games that don't use GWFL may also have the controller function supported through the settings.

Using a PS3 controller requires you downloading a piece of software that will enable the controller to work with games, as the PS3 controller isn't supported. This doesn't always work however.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I use Motion In Joy for connecting my PS3 controllers to my pc and haven't had any problems (I've used it on multiple PCs). It also supports using a Bluetooth connection to the controller rather than a USB cable.

The controller is classified as a "Gamepad" but this should still work for any games that allow you to customize the keys. However to be on the safe side, the Motion In Joy forum has a thread dedicated to listing games that the drivers work with which you could always check.

warcraft7

Reaction score
saw a steel series PC game pad at gamestop for 20$ and its been working nicely for me...thanks otherwise though guys :3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.