Putting a Cap on Stats

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
i was wondering is there a way to Cap stats as in Agility, Strength, and Intellect through triggers or any other way?

I know you can just make it so no matter what via using items no unit can get above a certian number but i just wanted to know an faster way.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
No one? not even a "No this isn't possible" no debbie downers!?

The Rules said:
If 24 hours have passed, you were the last one to post, and your question has not been answered, you may bump your thread. But the 24 hour limit will be enforced, so be careful.

Trigger:
  • Auto-check
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Strength of Footman 0000 <gen> (Include bonuses)) Greater than 50
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of Footman 0000 <gen>: Set to 50
        • Else - Actions

Of course if your hero is picking up items, you might have a problem with losing attributes when dropping them. You'll have to check with Unit picks up and item and drops an item, if you want it to be accurate.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
funny thing is i just did that same trigger. also i know the rules just it was something that was stopping the progression of my map. got a bit inpatient.

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well to prevent Items from causing a problem.. you could run the same exact check, except the Event is (Unit acquires an Item)... and then make him drop it.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Str
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Strength of Warrior 0003 <gen> (Include bonuses)) Greater than (>) 255
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of Warrior 0003 <gen>: Set to 255
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

That is what i have. but you are correct with the items being picked up or being put down. and can i just put all the heroes into a unit group so i dont have to make one of these for each unit? AND! how can i revert the stats to go back once the items or stat falls below 255?(which is my stat cap)

Edit: IF i make it so that when the item is picked up it increases the stats via triggers. that way instead of using the item stat abilities it would make it easier but still will have the problem of when items are dropped but still a thought. anyone got an opinion?

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
there should be a event like " if unit pickup/buy an item"
change the event to that
and add the conditions
item is of typ book off agi or book of str
(Strength of triggering unit (Exclude bonuses)) Greater than (>) 255
and action:
set str off triggering unit to 255

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
The trigger should only run every few seconds, I'd say something like every 10 or so at the most. Other than that, it should run whenever the hero picks up an item, drops an item, or levels up. Basically when anything happens that could change his stats. Also, especially with items, you should keep track of the hero's "true" strength, so that if he has max strength, then picks up and drops an item that adds strength, he won't lose strength.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
well atm there's 65 lvl and the closet any of them are to the max i want is 202. so i want it to be 225 with bonuses so that it wont get any higher. how can i do that. say i have 180 str and +80 from items. with out making the "true" str go to 255. how can i cap the temporary str adding past 255?

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
i thought this should get its own post. should i just make a variable that contains the over amount of bonus stat and just put a debuf on them to make it at 255? that could do it and have it just cycle every 10 seconds???

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
I think recycle is better. However,the best way is storing at the event. If you ur gamecache exceeds max value it can handle, ur warcraft will crash.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
1st Trigger
Trigger:
  • RealSTR
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set STRreal = (Strength of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses))
      • Set AGIreal = (Agility of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses))
      • Set INTreal = (Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses))

2nd
Trigger:
  • STRcap
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Strength of Babarian 0001 <gen> (Include bonuses)) Greater than 255
        • Then - Actions
          • Set STRint = ((Strength of Babarian 0001 <gen> (Include bonuses)) - 255)
          • Hero - Modify Strength of Babarian 0001 <gen>: Subtract STRint
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

3rd
Trigger:
  • STR Drop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Strength of Babarian 0001 <gen> (Include bonuses)) Less than 255
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Strength of Babarian 0001 <gen>: Set to STRreal
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Now that this all works. thank goodness.. well for the most part. anyway to make this more perfect?

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
the thing is i dont want any of the stats with bonuses to go past 255.. thats why i have it included.

Anyways, now that i have all the triggers for each stat. when i drop an item say it gives str only it will not set my str back to the "real" str of the unit.. and so forth for the other stats. anyone know how to fix this? they are all based off the trigger i posted in my last post.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Your triggers are fine, with the exception that they should run periodically, not when he gains/loses an item (just so it's more fluid).

Also, you should add a trigger that if he acquires an item (a tome), to modify the variables (that are set to his "real" str, agi, int, etc.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.