Quadruple attack

VoodooJuJu

Reaction score
Like Nerubian Weaver's double attack (Geminate Attack) from dota - only two more attacks with it.

I tried doing something similar to Ursa's Overpower ability, however if at all possible, I'd like to try and avoid an attack speed increase mechanic.

The reason being is that the ability I'm creating is designed to only affect a single target. With the Overpower ability, if the initial target is killed and not all attacks have been expended as well as the buff not timed out, a second target will suffer from attacks of high speed.

How I'm hoping to get this to work, is after "overloading" its weapon, the unit receives a buff/dummy buff. On that unit's next attack, 3 additional attacks will fire at its target - and that one target only. After those attacks have been unleashed, the buff fades, and may be acquired again by casting the "overload" ability again, or whatever I'll end up calling it.

Any positive input is appreciated. Thank you!

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Hmm, that's a toughy--I would use damage sensing to sense how much damage the caster deals with it's next attack, then make dummies to create the animation and trigger the damage.

EIT: Though I'm sure there's an easier solution I'm unaware of. :)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
You need to know units base max, min damages, as well as all bonus damages and damage type ( Some UnitProperties + gls script thingy could do that ), as well as have custom trigger events for detecting attacks, so you can properly fake an attack.

It requires heavily script controlled envinronment, but is possibly to do.

The thing is that you cant really do it only. You either:

-control nearly everything with some vJass systems, which makes scripting multi attack damn easy

or you

- dont have needed systems and mechanics in your map, which makes it quite impossible.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Try setting the variable of the attacked unit. then hiding the unit then showing it, after that order it to attack the attacked unit.Not sure whether it will work or not.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I would actually dummy trigger it.

You would need a damage detection system anyway to detect the initial attack. All you need to do after that is store the damage dealt, create a few dummies with the same attack animation, make them "attack" and deal "damage dealth x ___".

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
doesnt it just have some system that uses a GDD and after the projectile hits, it creates a dummy unit with the same projectile and the same damage to instantly attack afterwards? or sumthn like that..?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.