Quest ideas needed

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
I call upon this mighty community's imagination to help me solve my problem :p
I am currently working on a survival game, but I lack of missions/quest.

A short overview:
Up to 8 players play as Army soldiers. They were sent to a large city, but after they arrived they noticed that it was completely desolated - except of all the monsters that are creeping around (zombies, ghouls, abominations, gargoyles,..). From time to time they receive missions from their headquarters, that need to be solved.
And I would like to ask for ideas for .. let's say the first half of the game. Not too complex or too hard so that unexperienced players can also solve them.

I am a rather decent coder, so don't hold back with your ideas :)
I'll +rep cool ideas and give you credits in case I am using this idea and you want me to.

PS: An example of missions I've already made:
-> The team has to secure a landing zone for an Army helicopter to drop off supplies, weapons or ammunition.
-> The team needs to find and kill a large mutant who harasses the players by summoning countless tentacles close to them.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
1. Finding a source of a strange chemical with mutatious properties and condemning it. Condemning the material stops the reproduction of a certain type of zombie or other foe.

2. Acquiring a weapon that can be used to eradicate foes faster and also has some special ability with it (such as disease cloud)

3. (I like this one) using a small group of players to horde a group of zombies into a confinement area, and then activating a lever. The lever then sets a timer which starts counting down until a bomb inside the confinement area explodes. The players who lured the zombies are trapped in, but they can locate a certain area within it that protects them from the blast. Put a delay ofter the explosion and open the doors to the confinement area.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
1. The players manage to find a small group of survivors hiding in a run down mall. They ask for you to call in a helecopter to pick them up, but it seems that your prescence has allowed the monsters to become aware of the survivors, and multiple waves are now attacking the mall. Defend the mall until the helicopter arrives (basically would be like playing Enfos where you defend against X number of spawns).

2. There are pockets of Disease Cloud in the city which are too volatile to even enter, so the soldiers must clear out the area with a sort of vacuum provided by HQ. Clearing out these pockets would unlock new areas to explore.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Some of that sounds quite nice, +rep for you two.
Post more if you know some, I can't have enough of them =)

hasslarn

Reaction score
1. The army got a mission from the captains saying they should look for hes little girl , if the army find the girl the captain will supply them with new weapons if they fail they will lose some cash and weapons , the girl is hidden near some monsters protecting people to get to her she is immun to magic.

Septimus

Reaction score
You can create a quest such as

1) Those team are running out of ammo, they must find ammunition or risk getting killed.

2) Communication radio had been damage, they must find alternate way to let army helicopter to notice them if they are in need to be evacuate.

3) Find a diary, notes, or information of what is happening around there in the past few days.

4) Restore the energy supply at the city to enable the elevator at 1 of the building to be function. The stair at the building collapse, thus making it possible to be access by only using elevator.

5) Get to the evacuation zone before the helicopter destroy or abandon them.

6) You found a survivor, but he is badly wound and had a useful information with him. Find medic kit to rescue him.

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
- There is a mission in a nearby cavern, but an earthquake seperates the team from eachother (alien sounds are heard). Vision of your teammates is lost, but radio-communication is still intact (chat). Find your way out and regroup at HQ. After you regroup you go out to find what caused the earthquake (insert big scary alien monster here).

- HQ wants to capture one of the monsters alive for further research. The monster is surrounded by other (very strong) creeps, so you have to go stealth and don't aggro a monster. When you plant 4 beacons around it, it will be captured in a storing device.
[after a while] The research team has discovered an temporary antidote for some of the toxic gasses from the monsters (item aqquired!).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.