System Quick OOC (For Dummies)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's how to do a Quick OOC.

I wrote it as a system because the actual system is here, but you may want to actually do something different, or change the Prefix, which is included in here.

• How to Install
    Installation is easy! Simply download the attatched map file, or just copy the trigger functions at the bottom of this post and add it to your map. If you don't know, you can just copy the whole folder over. If you have an advanced editor the Variables will be made for you, if not, you will have to make a String-Array with 12 slots to replace the Array in here.

• How to Change the Prefix
    Trigger:
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing . as A substring

You will see this in the event's tab of the OOC Trigger. Simply change . in all of the events to whatever you want to change the Prefix. to

OOC Trigger
Trigger:
  • OOC
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing . as A substring
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing . as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (ColorArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + ((Name of (Triggering player)) + (|R + ((|CFFDAA520 + OOC) + (|R + (Entered chat string))))))

Array
Trigger:
  • Array
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set ColorArray[1] = |CFFFF0000
      • Set ColorArray[2] = |C001CE6B9
      • Set ColorArray[3] = |c001ce6b9
      • Set ColorArray[4] = |c00540081
      • Set ColorArray[5] = |c00fffc01
      • Set ColorArray[6] = |c00ff8000
      • Set ColorArray[7] = |c0020c000
      • Set ColorArray[8] = |c00e55bb0
      • Set ColorArray[9] = |c00959697
      • Set ColorArray[10] = |c007ebff1
      • Set ColorArray[11] = |c00106246
      • Set ColorArray[12] = |cff552200

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
What is OOC?

I also see that you've used OOC in your display trigger, but you didn't define it in either trigger. What does this actually display?

This is also more of a snippet than a system. All it does is display some text in some colors every time a person talks and has a period in their message.

I'm going to graveyard this, as it isn't well explained (what does OOC stand for?), it doesn't show everything it does, and I don't think it operates the exact way you had in mind (displays it every time there's a period in the sentence? What about people who don't talk with a period, or aren't using the period in any specific way?)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is OOC?

I also see that you've used OOC in your display trigger, but you didn't define it in either trigger. What does this actually display?

This is also more of a snippet than a system. All it does is display some text in some colors every time a person talks and has a period in their message.

I'm going to graveyard this, as it isn't well explained (what does OOC stand for?), it doesn't show everything it does, and I don't think it operates the exact way you had in mind (displays it every time there's a period in the sentence? What about people who don't talk with a period, or aren't using the period in any specific way?)

This is for Role Playing, Role Playing in certain games requires a buttload of commands, so people need to talk in observers to stop flooding. But, then the issue of communication arises, so talking with the . is the method to do this.

OOC = Out of Character, and those looking for this would know it.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
"those looking for this would know it"

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. That makes TONS of sense.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"those looking for this would know it"

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. That makes TONS of sense.

Pretty simply, those looking for an OOC system would know what OOC is.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
OOC = Out of Character, and those looking for this would know it.

OOC could also mean Out Of Context. Just because your 'system' is designed for people who would already know what it means, doesn't mean that people are browsing our resources should be clueless when they see your resource.

This is for Role Playing, Role Playing in certain games requires a buttload of commands, so people need to talk in observers to stop flooding. But, then the issue of communication arises, so talking with the . is the method to do this.

Mention this in your first post, and you'll improve it. Also, your system doesn't only work when people say something with a "." before it. It happens anytime when they use a period. Add a condition which requires the "." to be the first character in the entered string.

Your system also does not address hiding chat messages in any way, nor does it link to some existing system which does. From my experience, flooding chat messages usually cover up the displayed messages, and you can either move the display area (in JASS), or hide chat messages.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.