Rage system

Anden9522

Reaction score
Hello, I want to do a rage system (or whatever you call it) on a hero like the ones who are in WoW, LoL for example.

I wonder if I should use the mana bar or if I should use floating text and how i should use it. The hero will not regenerate rage because it will gain rage from attacking creeps, denying, lasthitting etc. The hero will use the rage for his abilities.

I tried to use the mana bar but I had some problem with it because the mana regeneration.

Smitty

Reaction score
No way to set it to zero with triggers? Or, work out how much regen that gives, and negate it with triggers? Or, look in gameplay constants and change it so int doesn't give regen? I'd think at least one of these is possible, not tried though.

Ishida

Reaction score
Shift is your friend, you can set it to 0.

Also, you there is mana regen per int in the object editor.

set it to 0

Anden9522

Reaction score
Thanks for you advice. The thing is, I am going to use this hero in a PvP-map against "regular" heroes so I wont change the mana reg/int in object editor. It became a problem when you have a fountain and you go back for heal and with items for example. But I'll test it. Thanks!

Dirac

Reaction score
To solve that add the heroes that use rage/energy or any alternative to mana a classification, lets say "Ward" and make mana regeneration effects only target non-ward units.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
pretty sure you can set mana regen to a negative value (or give them sobi mask abil with negative values) if you check allow negative values

Dirac

Reaction score
Yes you can, but that would make the current rage drop even when you don't want to (while in combat for example)
Best thing to do is to code your own rage system

GFreak45

Reaction score
or remove the ability every time the unit takes damage or deals it, then add the ability again on a timer, 3 second timer or something, so it stays normal
and sobi mask -100% stops regen completely and doesnt drain it, 100 - 100 = 0% regen...

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Erm.. Just note that if you set in the Gameplay Constants that Int->Mana Regen. It's going to mess up the Mana Regen for every other champion/hero.

You are able to set the Intellegence to 0, and Intellegence Gain Per Level in the Object Editor (F6) by holding Shift+Enter as mentioned above.

In the case of many rage systems it does in fact reduced 'rage'/mana per second, therefore you could set it to negative to get this effect.
However if you want them to lose 'rage' whilest 'out of combat', you will need to trigger it.

Personally i don't suggest adding/removing regen but mearly triggering the gain and loss on attacks/kills.

Anden9522

Reaction score
Yes, thanks but when I pick up int-stats item, i still regenerate mana. How do i disable that? I can't set mana reg/int to 0 because we are also using "regular"-heroes in this map.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Fair point.
I know this kinda sounds lame, but perhaps a trigger that has an even on item picked up. Condition checking the unit type, and setting Intellegence to 0 all the time.

Eg:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 056
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Mantle of Intelligence +3
    • Actions
      • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Hero manipulating item): Set to 0

Only problem I can think of, possibly is items like Sobi Mask that add Mana Regeneration. In which case you need dummy items that change when picked up by a hero without mana. And need aura's like Brilliance Aura to not target the unit, as suggested above.

Hope this helps.

Dirac

Reaction score
If you don't know the answer then don't suggest to do something wrong : /
Intelligence from bonuses != Base intelligence
Setting it to 0 would do nothing.

The only thing you can do is to make the hero drop the item

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
If you don't know the answer then don't suggest to do something wrong : /
Intelligence from bonuses != Base intelligence
Setting it to 0 would do nothing.

The only thing you can do is to make the hero drop the item

eh. Sorry, blond moment i guess. I'm kinda at work so my head isn't too focused.
I was just trying to help, and there is no harm in giving suggestions (even if they do not work).
If nobody tries new idea's, we wont get anywhere these days

--

EDIT: The reason why I thought of it the way i suggested above, is because of a game I am currently making that involves all dummy units that affect the actual Intellegence of the Hero's. In that case I was actually able to use my suggestion. Therefore I am not wrong, just not valid in this situation.

Ishida

Reaction score
What i said before wouldn't mess with other hero(s) at all. If you remove the Intellect gained per level, and set the base int to 0 in the OBJECT EDITOR.. You hero will have No mana regen, and start with a base of 0 mana. (All you have to do now is set the mana base to 100) and at the beggining of the game, set it to 0 if you would like... Gaining/losing should all be triggered afaik.

GFreak45

Reaction score
You CANT set stats to 0, they are automatically 1, everyone is way past you here...

Ishida

Reaction score
I've seen it done too many times to say it's impossible.

EDIT: Even if you had 1 intellect, or 50000. it doesnt matter, because you CAN set mana regen to 0.00 and you can set Mana/Stat Point

GFreak45

Reaction score
its through triggering though, it cant be done with just the object editor, thats what we are talking about... it CAN be done but NOT with the object editor

Kike

Reaction score
there is a map made by blizzard called extreme candy wars, where the heros you select are from wow and there is a fighter unit with exactly what you want, you can dowload the map in the classic battle.net, or simply google the name of the map XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.