Raise CPU Usage For WC

zll7

Reaction score
I have noticed that my comp is only using about 10% of CPU on wc3 when I start laging in the middle of games... but when i am not laging in game my cpu usage is more like 20% for wc3. Any way to keep my CPU usaye higher for wc3...? I always have High system idle proccess...

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
so your saying you keep wc3 priority high in processes?...and you might want to try closing background tasks, any other open programs. if your still having trouble scan for spyware cause that can use your bandwidth. wait...are you talking about bnet or just single player?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
system idle process is supposed to be highest CPU usage

zll7

Reaction score
I cant change the priorty to high it is only at normal... give me Message "this operation could not be completed." "access denied" Any way to get around this... Its for bnet not singel player.

zll7

Reaction score
-Bump- Sorry but I really would like to change this any ideas??? Anyone??

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
What exactly do you want to change? The priority of the idle task? The priority of WC3? The fact that it doesn't use much of the CPU when the computers lags (you won't be able to because the CPU is what does work on the data received during the game and less data means less processing)? You have less data coming in when you lag and therefore the CPU doesn't have to work as hard to process it. You would do better to find out what along the path from you to the others is causing the lag. Maybe it's some usage spikes from other computers set to check for anti-virus updates at a specific time or maybe it's not even something within your control but a router somewhere along the path is running a self-diagnostic periodically. Regardless, there is no point in trying to increase CPU usage when there is not enough data to process for the CPU to being with.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.