Raise Dead

Manee

Reaction score
I have 3 different raise dead skills for my necromancer each summoning a different skeleton but whenever i auto cast the 2nd or 3rd one, the 1st raise dead skill is what the necromancer casts... =/

why is this so?
how do i solve this problem?

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Because it got the same Spell ID. You have to make the spell based on other skills. Maybe make 1 based on Raise Dead, and later another based on.. something else. But triggered.

Draphoelix

Reaction score
I don't know. I just know that you can't have same spells on the same unit except Channel where you have to change the ID.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
you can't base multiple abilities off the same base ability and give them to a single unit, or else it will only ever cast the first one of them. It's a conflict in the order code of the ability, if they are all the same clicking any one of them will set off any ability of the same order code... and you can't change the order code. There is no way to fix it other then to perhaps base your abilities of different base abilities and trigger the effects.

Manee

Reaction score
ok i've compiled it to one skill only and made two upgrades(u can only buy 1) that increases the level of raise dead but it doesn't work... :(

i tried making a trigger for this:

Code:
Raise Dead Champions
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    Conditions
        (Researched tech-type) Equal to Raise Dead - Skeleton Champions 
    Actions
        Set Necro = (Units owned by (Triggering player) of type Necrolyte)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Necro and do (Unit - Set level of Raise Dead for (Picked unit) to 3)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_Necro)

Code:
Raise Dead Mages
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    Conditions
        (Researched tech-type) Equal to Raise Dead - Skeleton Mages 
    Actions
        Set Necro = (Units owned by (Triggering player) of type Necrolyte)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Necro and do (Unit - Set level of Raise Dead for (Picked unit) to 2)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_Necro)

but it still won't work :(

L

Lanan

Can't you use three different dummys for the three different upgrades?
Like at level 1, you have a certain dummy with the level 1 spell.
At level 2 you have another dummy that summons the second level spell and so on and so forth.

Manee

Reaction score
nvm about the castable raise dead coz i made it into passive and i think its better if its like this XD

but its not working though :(
(can't use dark ranger's skill coz my unit already has an orb effect)

Code:
Corpse Enslavement Mages
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Level of Corpse Enslavement - Skeleton Mage  for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 1
        (Current research level of Corpse Enslavement - Skeleton Mages  for (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to 1
        (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 50
    Actions
        Set TempPoint = (Position of (Dying unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Skeletal Mage for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 30.00 second Raise Dead expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Undead\RaiseSkeletonWarrior\RaiseSkeleton.mdl

so what's wrong with this one?

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
you can't base multiple abilities off the same base ability and give them to a single unit, or else it will only ever cast the first one of them. It's a conflict in the order code of the ability, if they are all the same clicking any one of them will set off any ability of the same order code... and you can't change the order code. There is no way to fix it other then to perhaps base your abilities of different base abilities and trigger the effects.

I believe changing the string should be enough...
If not base you spell on an auto-cast spell. Make targets and then create a trigger:

-Unit finishes casting a spell
- Spell is X
- Create X at target's location

Manee

Reaction score
but now i think its better if its passive :)
thats why i made a new trigger but its not working though
look at my previous post ^^

Draphoelix

Reaction score
Attacking unit. There's no attacking unit in A unit dies event. Change that to Killing Unit.

Dr.Jack, that won't work. What he needs to change is Spell ID, which only Channel and Harvest (I think) got. Order String is the order thing. Can be referred to the trigger condition "Order equal to order "smart/charm/raisedead"

Manee

Reaction score
Attacking unit. There's no attacking unit in A unit dies event. Change that to Killing Unit.

Dr.Jack, that won't work. What he needs to change is Spell ID, which only Channel and Harvest (I think) got. Order String is the order thing. Can be referred to the trigger condition "Order equal to order "smart/charm/raisedead"

its working now but the dying unit leaves a corpse and i dnt want that, so how can i make the dying unit not produce a corpse if a skel mage is spawned from that unit?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.