Random Encounter & camera, help please

ninjaalamode

Reaction score
First, contrary to the thread title, I'm going to ask for help with cameras. I've gotten the camera (with help from a friend) to stay locked on a unit throughout the game, but when the unit dies and respawns the camera spazzes out switching between the place the unit used to be and the place the new unit is at. The trigger itself is:
Event: Time- every 0.10 seconds of gameplay
Conditions:
Actions: Camera- apply camera [1] for player (red) over 0.00 seconds
Camera- Lock camera target for Player 1 (red) to (random unit from(units owned by player 1 red)) bye offest (0.00, 0.00, 0.00)
The player controls a max of one unit throughout the game (which changes into different units over time), that's why it's a random unit since there is only one unit the camera could lock onto. Help please?

The second problem I'm having is with making a random encounter trigger working. What I was using, but didn't work at all was something like:
Event: Every 1 second of gameplay
Condition: random unit from player group player red is in world map
Action: If variable random_number is a random number 1-10 then move random unit from player group player red to center of battle 1 start
There I was just trying to get a basic random transport to the battle area because I figured it would easy to get the battle working once I got the random transporting done, but when I finished I was going to change it to include all current player owned units (owned by a user) transported to the battle area. So, could anyone please help me out with this?

Edit: Oops, I misspelled "random" on the thread title, sorry about that.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
When a unit dies, remove it from the game.

There is no condition on your camera that prevents it from locking onto dead units.

Okay, and for the second one I could kind of tell you were paraphrasing, but here's what I think might work.

Code:
Events: Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions: Number of units owned by (Player 1 -- Red) in Playable Map Area is greater than 0
Actions: Set Random_number equal to (Random integer between 1 and 10)
            If: Random_number equal to 1
            Then: Move (Random unit from (Units owned by Player 1 -- Red)) instantly to center of (Battle 1 start)
            Else: Do nothing

You do know that about once in every 10 seconds you guy will be teleported to the center region? It won't promote a lot of exploring.

ninjaalamode

Reaction score
Oh, my bad, I forgot to include in the trigger I was talking about earlier that I only wanted it to be active when a unit owned by the player is moving. Well, I made a trigger based off what you said, with some added triggers to activate and deactivate it, but it still doesn't work.
Battle 1 on
Event - A unit is issued an order with no target.
- A unit is issued an order targeting a point.
- A unit is issued an order targeting an object.
Condition - Issued Order equal to "move" or "smart"
Action - Turn on random battle 1 starter

Battle 1 off
Event - A unit is issued an order with no target.
- A unit is issued an order targeting a point.
- A unit is issued an order targeting an object.
Condition - Issued Order equal to "stop"
Action - Turn off random battle 1 starter

Battle Starter
Event - Every 1 second of gameplay
Condition -
Action - set random_number to random number between 1 and 10
- Pick a random unit from unit group player red and do if random_number equal to 1 then move picked unit instantly to "battle area 1 good" else do nothing

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Try this.

- Events -
> A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies

- Actions -
> Camera - Reset game camera
> Unit - Create 1 (Unit Type of (Dying unit)) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Unit Respawn)) facing 270 degrees
> Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Last Created Unit), offset by (0.00,0.00)

Hope it helps. Tell me on this thread if you still have problems.

ninjaalamode

Reaction score
My bad, I forgot to mention I already had fixed the camera problem, but thanks for the help anyways. I still need help getting random encounters to work and I'd appreciate any help with it.

ninjaalamode

Reaction score
Bump... really need help with the random encounter trigger, I still haven't been able to figure out what I did wrong.

ninjaalamode

Reaction score
I still need help with this, is there anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong or maybe knows a simpler/better way to do that trigger?

Lionhearte

Reaction score
I also need help with this, but just got an idea that may help you too.
If you search on google, or TheHiveWorkshop, anywhere where they hold player based maps, search for the Final Fantasy RPGs, I remember awhile I go I had one of these maps, which held in the editor the triggers used for the random battles.

This may or may not be of help, but thought I should atleast drop in my 2 cents.

ninjaalamode

Reaction score
Well, I only know of one random map which has random battles (Final Fantasy Forever) but it's protected so I wouldn't be able to get any help out of that. I posted what I was currently using a ways above, but I haven't been able to see why that doesn't work. I even looked through my map for other triggers that may be causing that one to not work properly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.