Tutorial Ray's Tips and Tricks

H

herra-sika

7.234278935/10.00 :)D) its helpfull but its not so helpfull :p

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow reply guyz, was out, o 7.2/10 , i think thats not bad, i guess. LoL please drop your comments here, i would really want to learn how to further improve on my tutorials

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Sorry for the early bump, but im going to sleep and want people to read this tutorial, i put alot of effort into it. So bye now, check back tomorrow.

N

NuBy

This is a great tutorial 8.112358/10
These effects are really nice, loved the matrix one :p

+rep for a great tutorial

Zakyath

Reaction score
Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Shockwave
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
Wait 0.60 seconds
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Target point of ability being cast)
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl

Yes, this owns. Except... Replace Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability with Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability. And you'll have to remove the special effects. And set them as variables. And you'll have to set the positions as variables. Yeah, I know, annoying, isn't it?

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Wow, yes thats true, but my way works, its simpler, yours, is the super accurate one, leakless, and uber. But well, the tut is kinda for people new at WE who are still picking up. So yours is an advanced one. Thanks for that though!

Yes, its not really cheats lol, its kinda tricks, the sort

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
WE doodads, as they save people all the trouble. But im advising you, use non-doodad models as a doodad, just make a custom doodad based of bush or something, after that, change the model file. The great thing here is that you can change the tint, the scaling value.

Okay this isn't exactly real. It works only with doodads that use different skins, depending on the map's tile (e.g: elevators, trees etc.) This trick doesn't work with all models. And at the ones that tinting doesn't work it's because the part of the models that can't be tinted are particles. Those can be edited through the MDL.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Some tints don't work, mostly the SFX models, the tinting doesn't work, i was kinda speaking in general when i made the statement . ;)

T

ThePixelator

master maste said:
whats black wall thing that you used for the matrix 1?
ya, I didnt get that either...
all you said was it is based off of a bush. What model and tinting do you use to get it completely black and covering an area like that???

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Ah, sorry for the way i phrased it, basically, you use a bush, change its model to an elevator, the one that looks like a cube, then you strecth its x and y, as for the tinting, just make it all 0. so its black. is that better?

master maste

Reaction score
I'll give it a go and get back to you ok

edit: where you get the bush from?

edit edit: nvm I got it now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.