Recipe RECIPE - Macaroni and Cheese Pizza Bake

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
mac-and-cheese-pizza-bake.jpg

The Helper's Macaroni and Cheese Pizza Bake

This is just something I made up and threw together one night and it turned out pretty good. I already have ideas on how I can change it up to make it better. This recipe is going to call for the quick and easy stuff around the kitchen you can certainly make any of the parts from scratch and your result will be better.

Ingredients...
  • Onion (to chop and sautee with mushrooms - I used half an onion but more or less to your taste)
  • Mushrooms (I used about 6 mushroom caps - these are going to be chopped and sauteed so more or less to taste)
  • Garlic Powder (or minced or fresh garlic - will be sauteed with onions and mushrooms
  • Tony Satcheries Cajun Spice substituted for Salt and Pepper
  • 1 jar Alfredo Sauce (I used the generic Kroger brand but any kind will do, you can even make your own easy with some butter, heavy creme and fresh grated parm cheese)
  • Optional 1 can Rotel Diced Tomatos and Chiles, or just a can of green chiles or jalapenos.
  • 1 14 oz box of mac and cheese (you can use more or less mac and cheese here I use the boxes but you could make it from scratch too)
  • Butter - as per the box mac and cheese directions. You will also need enough butter to sautee the vegetables
  • Refrigerated Pizza Crust (I just used the Pillsbury brand but you could use any type even a Boboli or Premade Crust - even scratch - I am going easy on this one)
  • 1 lb of bacon
  • Optional Pepperoni
  • 1 cup Mozzarella (More or less to your cheese preference this going on the top of the bake for the cheese topping)
  • 1 cup Cheddar (More or less to your cheese preference this going on the top of the bake for the cheese topping)
Directions:
  • Make the Bacon however you like and set aside (I use a Wok so I made the bacon in that and just saved a little of the grease and used that to sautee the vegetables and make the alfredo)
  • Heat a Saucepan to Medium
  • Chop up onion and mushrooms
  • Add butter to sauce pan and sautee the onion and mushrooms
  • Season with Tony Satcheries and Garlic Powder or add minced or chopped garlic
  • Sautee the vegetables until the onion is carmelized
  • Optional - you could add a can of rotel tomatoes or green chiles or jalapenos at this point
  • Stir in Alfredo sauce and set aside
  • Make Mac and Cheese according to directions but do not add any milk, just the butter and cheese mix then set aside
  • Preheat your oven to your Pizza Crust directions
  • Make your pizza crust on a greased cookie sheet and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes then remove
  • Grease a baking dish and move baked pizza crust into baking dish
  • Form the crust so it covers the bottom and sides of the baking dish does not need to be exact but should cover the bottom of the dish
  • Add 2/3 alfredo mixture to the top of the pizza crust and spread in a layer
  • Stir the remaining Alfredo Sauce into your Macaroni
  • Add the Macaroni on top of the Alfredo Mixture as another layer
  • Put the cooked bacon strips as the next layer so they cover the entire top of the macaroni layer
  • Top the entire dish with half the Cheeses
  • Optional - Add Pepperoni as a layer.
  • Top the entire dish with rest of the cheeses
  • Bake in the oven uncovered for whatever the Pizza crust temperature was for an additional 20 minutes or until the cheese is browned and melted how you like on top
NOTE:
  • Top with Parmesan Cheese, Chopped Red Pepper, or whatever else you would put on a Pizza
  • You can experiment with the layering of this dish. Pepperoni on a different layer or maybe the bacon at the bottom? There are many possible variations of this recipe!
Enjoy!

See all the Recipes in the Recipes Index!

Last edited:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This turned out real good! The leftovers lasted a while. I modified the recipe based on the outcome to add a can of rotel tomatoes and reduced the amount of mac and cheese by half. Two boxes was too much the noodles absorbed all the alfredo sauce and overpowered it. I also added Pepperoni to it as the bacon needed something else with it. I might try to crumble the bacon instead of laying it out as a top layer. I am going to experiment more with this recipe and will update it if I can improve it :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.