RPG Recruitment for oRPG

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
@WindexIsBack
Ok, first, you're not helping. >.> Please don't post unless you're going to help. And, you have no idea of my mapping ability at all, so please don't tell me I have the ability to collaborate with a group of mappers. Besides, this is really just going to be a simple oRPG, I'm not trying to make another Dark Invasion or something. Feel free to comment back. Your lack of faith will motivate me.

@burne-
Have faith :p

@Dakho
Yeah sure, I didn't get around it before. Also because I'm doing Spells/Unit creation I'll try to dump some Heroes I've made into a map and post it.

Ok, small stuff from game camera's view:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6745/12555757tx3.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4619/77334312np3.jpg

Tythoid

Reaction score
Ok ive had a look at the map so items are abilities ok shouldnt be hard to make a loading code. This is what you will be able to code with the loading code once its done:
  1. Level of your hero
  2. Gold
  3. lumber
  4. your 6 inventory slots
  5. 4 numbers for quest stages because you can make such a huge combination of numbers from 4digits this should cover alot of quests

Ill have this done by next week ill also add a few triggers to help you make use of the loading code such as item adding trigger ect

burne-

Reaction score
Ok the terrain seems pretty sweet (much better than my terrains). I quess we should go with classes instead of jobs (cause I dont want to code that atm).

As I said before I dont like the system you posted before, we could just do a spellbook that gains new spells when hero levels up (that is kinda boring, but I atleast heroes must have 12skills. Other system could be that you can buy spells from shops, but I dont like that either too much.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
@burne-

Well, I've never liked spellbooks personally, we could try something like my system, but the abilities from the spell book get added into your units normal ability slots? I'll make up an example if you don't really understand.

burne-

Reaction score
@burne-

Well, I've never liked spellbooks personally, we could try something like my system, but the abilities from the spell book get added into your units normal ability slots? I'll make up an example if you don't really understand.

I think I understand, but then you wouldnt be able to use all of your spells but need to swap between them....I dunno if its really a problem but seems meaningless

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
I see what you mean, well, spell books sound alright then. With maybe auras and passives in the main panels?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I will be able to help you now. Just contact me when you want me to do something.

burne-

Reaction score
You should just start with the terrain I think. We will see how to continue from there.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
Good to see this is taking off!
I'll start some Terraining, try to get a large section done by the end of next week.
If you like you could start just random units/abilities and I'll import them all in and go from there!

G

gendo

I can make spells and systems.I can also terrain and recolors icons.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any news on this yet? Got anything for me to do?

burne-

Reaction score
Its good to have few spellmakers, even tought its really messy who is in and who is not.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
even tought its really messy who is in and who is not.

[del]Yes, I think the first thread should be updated with the team.[/del] It has been done :eek:

burne-

Reaction score
Oh didnt see that either...Well that seems to be nice amount of people, even tought skilled people is always welcome.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm.....,TideOfChaos, I am not sure if you will want some one like me, I am not that good with triggers or terrening, but I am a really good hero/item maker, and a good gameplay editor. I am also good at writing so if you want to add a nice story to go with the RPG I am the one for the job.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We do still need a storyline, so you could possibly be considered by TideOfChaos.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
Well, a lot of people have been posting so I better post something to reassure everyone that I am still working on this.

Terrianing is going great, I've been more busy then I thought I would be this week, but I've been working on it on whenever I get the chance. I should be able to get all the Terrain done this week, although I am going away for most of the weekend, so we'll see.

Also, I think we do have enough people for the time being.
If you need something to do while you are waiting for the terrain to be complete, you could work on items, abilities, heroes, creeps, and so forth.

The map will stretch from beach to snow, so anything will fit.
Otherwise, just wait for a little while until I have finished the terrain before we jump into things like story and gameplay mechanics.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.