Reflect Ranged attack

streng

Reaction score
Hi guys. I want create spell (buff or aura) which reflect ranged atack back to the atackers. Any idea how to triger it? I want to find simple way , no jass, no damage detection system.
Thanks for your answers

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> no damage detection system.
Even with damage detection trigger, it's gonna be tough. It isn't easy to differentiate between spell and physical damage.

I'm afraid there's no perfect method.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
If you don't have damage detection, there's no way to reflect ranged damage. All the "simple" ways only work for melee.

EDIT: Ninja'd by vypur.

You can use orb effects to detect attacks - it's a technique I use in my map which I learned somewhere on the forums. Give invisible Frost Attack to all units, then trigger the removal of the buff.

streng

Reaction score
triger what i want can reflect melee damage too , but i need to reflect ranged damage.
I just write triger that do some amount of damage to attackers ( based skill lvl) but this damage has constant value. Percentage reflect will be better

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Besides, Defend wouldn't be a nice choice ability to use with. For obvious reasons - on/off ability.

Again, I believe there is no way to do this - to suit your requirement. Even if it does suit, the alternative method of using orb effects isn't worthy to be used just for a simple thing like this. I suggest just let this go.

streng

Reaction score
Ok guys, thanks for your answers. I didnt use damage detection system today. But i write triger wich reflect damage back to the atacker , this damage is based on caster primary stat (str). I think this is too god solution of my problem , percentage will be best , but this alternative is working and balanced and leakless (i think:D)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.