tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Yes. But its kind of complicated. You need to go into Advanced > Gameplay Constants, and set all of the fields from "Hero XP Gained - Hero, Constant Factor" to "Hero XP Gained - Normal Table" to zero.

Then, you need to trigger all of the experience gained in your map.

I actually prefer doing it this way, so that I can dynamically change how/if/when experience is gained. :thup:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You can disable the experience gaining for a single hero with triggers. No need for gameplay constants.

Code:
Hero - deactivate experience gain for (Triggering unit)

Mabaet.Baet

Reaction score
Yes. But its kind of complicated. You need to go into Advanced > Gameplay Constants, and set all of the fields from "Hero XP Gained - Hero, Constant Factor" to "Hero XP Gained - Normal Table" to zero.

Then, you need to trigger all of the experience gained in your map.

I actually prefer doing it this way, so that I can dynamically change how/if/when experience is gained. :thup:

But still you have not removed the xp bar :p
I think u can remove it in the gameplay interface, but it will only remove the visual, but still the xp bar still there :D

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
But still you have not removed the xp bar :p
I think u can remove it in the gameplay interface, but it will only remove the visual, but still the xp bar still there :D

His second question wasn't how to remove the exp bar. His question was how to stop heroes from gaining experience, which I answered. Accname's solution is simpler, however.

Wratox1

Reaction score
His second question wasn't how to remove the exp bar. His question was how to stop heroes from gaining experience, which I answered. Accname's solution is simpler, however.

no but he asked if you could remove the exp bar earlier and got no for an answer..

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Getting rid of the visuals will leave a huge blank in the middle, which looks even worse than having a full/unchanging EXP bar.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Is there a way to set a unit hero type (so that it's selectable by F# key) and then remove the XP bar on the hero?

if that is the only reason you want a hero, why not have a dummy hero, and then a trigger that selects the right unit when the f# key is pressed?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
If he wants to retain the hero's attributes, then that method won't work. Otherwise it's perfectly fine. Simply make a trigger that fires when the hero is selected, then remove it from the selection and select the desired unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.