Replacing A Unit While Keeping Buffs + Items

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Well, it seems ive reached a problem in one of my maps. In the map, players use items to switch between unit forms. This switching is an important part of the game and midcombat switches need to take place. I cant simply hit replace because that would allow people to remove negative buffs. How can I replace the unit while keeping its buffs and items?

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I really should have left out the item part, that peice is easy...I take it nobody knows how to save the buffs though?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
maybe add/remove bear form to transform?
i dont think buffs are gone

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Ugh.. The only way I could imagine would be through a real tedious task if ou have a lot of buffs. Make a trigger so when he casts the transform spell, use many ITE(if/then/else)s to scan every buff he might have, and enter the relative spell(the spell that causes the buff) into its own seperate variable(I like to use arrays, to keep it neat.) Then have another trigger that would make a dummy, add the variabled abilities, and tell it to cast them.. Very annoying, but I would imagine it would work.. I've never fiddled with Game Cache, that could be a simpler answer.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
There is a Buff variable, I'm assuming you could store them into there, and then regive them to the hero, just like the item storing I showed you in post 2.

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
There is no "Add buff function" so that doesnt work...as for the other suggestion...that wont work as well because that resets the buff length...imagine a 15 second dot and then you switch and are forced to endure another 15 seconds. I know its possible...the map parasite 2 has it.

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Actualy, they dont, they have a dummy ability that is set off as soon as you use the item. That dummy ability is not chaos. Something else is changing them. I also searched a deprotected version for any ability based off chaos for each of the suits, yet I could find none.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Actually there is no way (or no easy way) to retain buffs of unit after replacing them. Unless you use preset transform abilities like Bear Form, Metamorphosis etc etc, as mentioned above.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
This is a really retarded idea, but just throwing it out there.. You could make a complex system that will start a countdown timer anytime a buff-giving spell is cast. Using the other triggers above, you'd store the curent number of the timer into a variable, and set the level of the casted dummy ability to the variable, and in the object editor make a different level for each second of duration(so level 1 would last 1 second, 2 would last 2, etc...).. That would keep their durations. :p However, I honestly don't think it would be worth it.

I vote for using transforming abilities.

DiFm

Reaction score
How many spellls that gives buffs do you have? and are they only 1 lvl or several lvl's?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.