[REQ] Does anyone can make this?

reynel

Reaction score
Guys i have a problem how to make a boomerang tower?
Me and my friend want to make a TD my friend has an idea he said that " could you make a boomerang tower " and i said i dont know how i post this so anyone can make this coz im a beginner.

B0ndo

Reaction score
What are you looking for exactly? The shot to bounce on enemies and deal dmg to more than one or that the shot returns once it has hit?

B0ndo

Reaction score
So you want both? If you just want the shot to bounce on X enemies, I think there's an option in the object editor for the specific unit. I'm not sure though.

reynel

Reaction score
theres a bounce option on the attack type option i think and i want the missile to return once it hits on the X enemies thats my problem on how to?
plz. help me :(

B0ndo

Reaction score
Then you'll need to make a dummy unit at return it to the position of the caster with a trigger.

reynel

Reaction score
i know making some triggers a little bit and my other problem i dont know how to make some variables

B0ndo

Reaction score
Then you should play around in the editor for a while before you start using dummy units and the "advanced" part of the GUI.

Try google 'wc3 editor help' and go the first link, then read some guides and try them out yourself.. If you don't have much experience using triggers, then I think it's slightly too much to start out using variables and dummy units etc.

Just some friendly advice

B0ndo

Reaction score
I'm not a pro at triggers either, but I find a way no matter what, you just have to play around in it for a while until you know the basics :)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa. Make a skill based on the Night Elves Moon Glaive, set the targets allowed to the number of bounces you want, set the max AOE for full damage to the bouncing area that you want, and make sure theres no requirements on moon glaive. Also set the attack type to missile (bounce) and then remove requirements on the night elf spell. Then just watch it bounce.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Do you just want it to bounce?

because that isn't actually as hard as it might seem.
Look at number of targets in the objects attack information, then add like Moon Gliave or whatever it's called.

I can't remember exactly how to do it, but it's something around those lines.

If you want it to bounce back, then like said above you will need to trigger it.

Do you want the attack cooldown to only be reset once it returns?
-That could be extremely hard.
If you just want the animation.
-Then just use a dummy unit to make a 'dummy effect' on every attack, although timing is a problem.

This could be very hard if you are not comfortable with triggers.

----

EDIT: lol, you just beat me to saying that. in the same minute -.-

reynel

Reaction score
cant do it coz i want to use triggers but im not good in triggering maybe you can make one for me and i will copy your work

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
This tut tells you how to make a chain skill. Just add an extra effect to bounce back to the tower at the end.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
How else would you make a bouncing attack that returns to the attacker? It might be an autocast skill, or maybe just a periodic cast.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.