Reseting Abilities of Towers

Silentnight1

Reaction score
This is a ROC map and must stay so.

How would I get my tower to reset its abilities after being used?

What I am trying to do is put the ability, Finger of Death on a tower, but be able to use it with no cooldown. I have another Variable set up to have the tower blow up after 5 casts but i need it to be able to be cast repeated if needed, w/o waitin the 10 or 15 sec cooldown on the ability itself.

Again this must remain in ROC editor.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Put the cooldown for Finger of Death to 0! :eek:

If another unit on the map already has it, and should have a cooldown on it, I still recommend making a copy of the Finger of Death skill with 0 cooldown. Doesn't need to use the Trigger editor for that! :thup:

Silentnight1

Reaction score
Put the cooldown for Finger of Death to 0! :eek:

If another unit on the map already has it, and should have a cooldown on it, I still recommend making a copy of the Finger of Death skill with 0 cooldown. Doesn't need to use the Trigger editor for that! :thup:

Again this must remain in ROC editor.

i did make that pretty clear.... changing any ability automatically defaults the map to tft..... I would really appreciate it if you would read in full b4 posting, thnx.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it doesnt. changing the cooldown of an ability does not make the map a tft map. that was possible in RoC as well.
it does however make it a "not-melee" map.

Silentnight1

Reaction score
it doesnt. changing the cooldown of an ability does not make the map a tft map. that was possible in RoC as well.
it does however make it a "not-melee" map.

Then please feel free to just make a map, change it, and send me the map so I can just copy/paste it, because touching ANY ability, even copy/pasting an ability, if there is ANYTHING in my Custom Abilities, it requires TFT. I have tried hundreds of times. Also, is there maybe a different version of map editor? where these are working and mines just an old version? cuz I JUST tried to change the CD on a ability, and the fuckin error message, this now requires TFT poped right up.

Thoughts?

*Edit* I just made a new map, went straight to just abilities tab, and just changed the CD on Finger of Death from 15 sec to 0sec, and attemptd to save, instantly got the requires expo error. So im not sure if its my version or what, I have version 1.24e.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
You have to edit the abilities through some text file you get by using some special mpq extractor to access the map's files... that's generally how you work with RoC maps (not in the editor). Lord knows which files to edit and how to do it, there's probably some old tutorial hidden away somewhere on the net.

I remember that's how Eul did DOTA back in the day with so many custom abilities and heroes in a RoC map.

Silentnight1

Reaction score
You have to edit the abilities through some text file you get by using some special mpq extractor to access the map's files... that's generally how you work with RoC maps (not in the editor). Lord knows which files to edit and how to do it, there's probably some old tutorial hidden away somewhere on the net.

I remember that's how Eul did DOTA back in the day with so many custom abilities and heroes in a RoC map.

Ya i was figuring something of this nature, and if anyone has any suggestions or any threads on tutorials for this, by all means, plz inform me =D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.