I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Why do all your towers make my submission look like nothing..? LOL :p

Anyways here's a WIP pic:
TC5.png

It's meant to be just a support tower.

Dirac

Reaction score
Ok at last heres an epic WIP. (recoded last tower i made)

Meat Grinder (youve never seen nothing like it)
Build some guard towers for it to work

Gotta fix some stuff before i submit

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
@Dirac: The idea is pretty cool, but you should really add a description in the post, or at least a tooltip in the map, it took me a while to figure out what it actually does.

Dirac

Reaction score
@Dirac: The idea is pretty cool, but you should really add a description in the post, or at least a tooltip in the map, it took me a while to figure out what it actually does.

tyty

Its a wip, all will be pretty and colorful by the time i upload

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
The best idea for a tower, being useful in a td, is a tower I was going to use last time, but never got around to submitting it.

It's basically a tower that alone can net a single unit, but loses the ability to attack while doing this. However, if two are linked, it gains the tripwire ability, stunning units who walk past the wire. Wire has a 3 unit hit max, and resets itself in 5 seconds. Stuns lasts 1.5 seconds.

So yea... All I can think of.

Dirac

Reaction score
The best idea for a tower, being useful in a td, is a tower I was going to use last time, but never got around to submitting it.

It's basically a tower that alone can net a single unit, but loses the ability to attack while doing this. However, if two are linked, it gains the tripwire ability, stunning units who walk past the wire. Wire has a 3 unit hit max, and resets itself in 5 seconds. Stuns lasts 1.5 seconds.

So yea... All I can think of.

Looks like a lot of stuff the user must be aware off, what if other towers also need micro?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of stuff the user must be aware off, what if other towers also need micro?

Most people who play TD's seriously do micro. o.o

If you play a TD seriously, this tower would save you a lot.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I hit a huge rock. I am clueless on how to check when a unit comes in the range of my tower :(. An idea would be a periodical trigger that checks for each tower the units in its range, but that seems pretty intensive, especially with a big number of towers.
I considered having an array of triggers, but inside the actions I cannot access the unit that had its range used in the event so that's pretty much useless.

Is there any other way I could achieve this?

(Ghan, if you're not ok with me asking for help here, please delete my post :p. Thanks)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I hit a huge rock. I am clueless on how to check when a unit comes in the range of my tower :(. An idea would be a periodical trigger that checks for each tower the units in its range, but that seems pretty intensive, especially with a big number of towers.
I considered having an array of triggers, but inside the actions I cannot access the unit that had its range used in the event so that's pretty much useless.

Is there any other way I could achieve this?

(Ghan, if you're not ok with me asking for help here, please delete my post :p. Thanks)

You can try:
Trigger:
  • Unit - A unit comes within <RANGE> of <UNIT>

Basically register when they get on the map/finish construction, and then add an event for them to a certain trigger. The method I use though, is just to run a periodic timer based on the tower's attack speed (then I group the units within the range of the tower). It makes a delay when they acquire a target but it works fine for the most part. The only thing is that all the towers will attack at the same time, I like that effect but some others might not. :p

Anyway, everyone's looks awesome so far. But why doesn't anyone give their towers abilities? They all seem to have custom attacks, are we not supposed to add abilities? Unless that is just personal preference, or a WIP.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
That's what I mean by array of triggers.

Let's say I have 10 towers. One of them fires that trigger. How do I know from which one's range was fired? I need to know, for the effect of my tower.

And the periodic way is what I had in mind and described in my post, but I wonder if is there any other, more efficient, way :p. Thanks for the help, though :D.

EDIT: Okay, I got an idea. Dummy unit on the position of the tower with attack of 1 and desired range. Then, just using "Unit is attacked". This way, the effect cannot be spammed (dummy with locust :p) and I can set a cooldown to it. Also, the towers won't all have the effect at the same time. It would be too synchronous :p.

Dirac

Reaction score
That's what I mean by array of triggers.

Let's say I have 10 towers. One of them fires that trigger. How do I know from which one's range was fired? I need to know, for the effect of my tower.

And the periodic way is what I had in mind and described in my post, but I wonder if is there any other, more efficient, way :p. Thanks for the help, though :D.

EDIT: Okay, I got an idea. Dummy unit on the position of the tower with attack of 1 and desired range. Then, just using "Unit is attacked". This way, the effect cannot be spammed (dummy with locust :p) and I can set a cooldown to it. Also, the towers won't all have the effect at the same time. It would be too synchronous :p.

Woundt u have the same problem if the unit leaves its range? i think u must go periodic

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Why do I care when unit leaves range?

And if you meant when unit enters range, well, now I actually have a way to find out the tower. Because I have the attacking unit event response and getting from the dummy to the tower is a simple task. It can be done with 2 arrays and an indexing system. Whereas, with the other method, I had no way to find out what tower triggered.

Oh, and if you mean that the dummy might leave or something, just disable its movement =/.

If you didn't mean any of these, then I am clueless what you wanted to say xD.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
[WIP] tower includes so far

-2 more tiers
-XYZ calculator (added cliffs to the map for tests)
-acceleration
-lots of math formulas i made by myself

You have bugs, you need to fix it or else your score will be graded down.
After the fifth and sixth build of your tower...
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8473/testit.png
Upto 4 towers only:( 5+ goes buggy

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Umm... If I am not wrong, this was a submission for the IVth Iteration of the TC... We're in the Vth. Dirac has the meatgrinder tower now...

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I can get it to fire its lightning faster by spamming the "stop" button on the tower - you might want to fix that. A Backswing and Damage Point of 0 for the tower unit-type should do it.

What do you mean? Backswing and Damage Point?

Vestras, I remember a tower with almost identical effects being made in a previous tower contest.

There was? :eek:

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Just finish optimizing my tower. It is more efficient now due to clump prevention features added. I ported it to famous systems too. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.