[RESULTS POSTED] The Tower Contest - The 5th Iteration

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
If you have need to modify that, you certainly may. I will keep that in mind to change for the next contest.
For your consideration, and for those who might want to use unit custom values in their maps, attached is a custom-value-free version of the template. (Instead, it uses the level of a dummy ability to track the units' destinations.)
[edit 1 4/26/10] Updated.

What do you mean? Backswing and Damage Point?
The Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing Point and Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage Point for the tower unit.

Attachments

• Tower Contest Test Map - No Custom Value.w3x
    28.9 KB · Views: 280

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
For your consideration, and for those who might want to use unit custom values in their maps, attached is a custom-value-free version of the template. (Instead, it uses the level of a dummy ability to track the units' destinations.)

Thanks for that, Weep.

Dirac

Reaction score
I know what the bug its about, and the tesla coil tower isnt from another contest, its only the base i used for my meat grinder, if u pay attention u will realize both towers look very alike.

The bug happens when a tesla coil finishes construction before another one in construction does, i have no idea why this happens, but if u want to fix it just change the event on the Data trigger to A unit enters Playable map area

Anachron

Reaction score
Hmm, I guess I am allowed even when I already have a beta key. Nice.
Well I may participate, the tower would be genre "Eletricity".

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
New screenshot. Almost done, I need to add the destruction actions on the tower and another small thing. And then to clean up the code and, if possible, optimize some parts.

The other half of the eye-candy is missing from the screenshot, I'm saving that for when I submit the tower :D.

screen.jpg

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Here's my submission (attached).

Attachments

• Tower Contest - Exide.w3x
    34.2 KB · Views: 316

krainert

Reaction score
This has probably been done a bazillion times before, but here is my entry:
The Magnetic Tower - for all your attraction and repelling needs!

Attachments

• magnetictower.w3x
    12.7 KB · Views: 287

Weep

Reaction score
Thanks! That fixed it. Reuploaded the map :)
You're going to need to upload another fix. :eek: Your GroupDamage filter doesn't work, because it should be GetFilterUnit(), not GetEnumUnit(). (Also, you then wouldn't need [ljass]call GroupRemoveUnit(DamagedUnits, data.tower)[/ljass].)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
You're going to need to upload another fix. :eek: Your GroupDamage filter doesn't work, because it should be GetFilterUnit(), not GetEnumUnit(). (Also, you then wouldn't need [ljass]call GroupRemoveUnit(DamagedUnits, data.tower)[/ljass].)

Lol, thanks. It's been waaaaay too long since I coded Jass last :p

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I think there should be another section IMO. Lagg tolerance. Spawn 10 of that type of tower, make them all fight at once and see how much lagg there is. ;)

Weep

Reaction score
However, in contrast with the great power of the orbs, their creation process is extremely slow.
Based on the video, which shows the creation process happening much faster than in the map, at first I thought your map wasn't working right. :p

Your DummyEffect units are losing their Locust status and becoming selectable after about the first volley. I think you're forgetting to re-apply Locust after hiding/showing them.

Because you use RemoveUnit, the player doesn't receive any bounty or kill credit. You should apply a few million damage first.

Wait...what am I doing, helping competitors? :confused:

Also, did you get permission from Kitabatake to modify his tower model?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.