-Rewrite Movie Zone Rules-

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Ok, when I logged on today, I clicked on my User CP and found some neg rep. This normally wouldnt bother me too much, however my post in question did not exist anymore. After a bit of searching I noticed that the movie I posted a few days ago, 'Never Back Down', had been removed. Now my guess is, I'm not supposed to post movies?

I've posted entire movies in the past without problem. However for some reason this post became questionable? I looked up the movie zone rules and it said nothing about posting YouTube movies.

As I see it, movies on YouTube can be taken down, and there is nothing wrong with simply embedding someones video. Technically if this is seen as bad, then movie trailers pff of YouTube wouldn't even be 'legal' since they are not owned by us.

In the end I'm just asking this: Can we please be allowed to post movies off of YouTube OR in the worst possible scenario please at least change the Movie Zone Rules to include no posting full movies.

Thx :thup:,
New_U.S.

For reference, here are the current rules : MOVIE ZONE RULES

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
As I see it, movies on YouTube can be taken down, and there is nothing wrong with simply embedding someones video. Technically if this is seen as bad, then movie trailers pff of YouTube wouldn't even be 'legal' since they are not owned by us.

I agree. This shouldn't be an issue because YouTube can take down copyrighted material. Many of the videos that other members post anywhere on this site could possibly be copyrighted.

But, if you're posting whole movies from Youtube, then there's a problem... That's considered illegal, and TH.net shouldn't be encouraging that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.