Rising Lava regions

Slayerxx

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey if you have played starcraft 2 then you may remember the mission were lava rise's every so often i was hoping to remake that, although i have hit i snag i was wanting to know is there is a way to sellect the whole playerable area of the map excluding the starting locations and raised terrain. is it possible or will i have to use alot of regions because the map is area is not geometricly boxy so i would have to use alot of regions and that could get mess any ideas.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
It would be very difficult to raise lava in such a way. For starters, how to you plan to trigger the actual raising of the lava?

Slayerxx

Reaction score
yea i was thinking it would be hard i was planing on using speical effects and just adding a lava type effect maby look on hive, but i just kinda work as i go.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
You'd have to get a large translucent lava image, and I suppose update its Z height to rise the lava. But still you'd need to use multiple units and regions and such.

Slayerxx

Reaction score
yea ill think of somthing but thanks any way, another problem just came up im having an auto-mining goldmine that players are forced to use and take control but i cant get it to change owner, to get a base trigger to work off i use this

First take control
Events
Unit - A unit enters Take Control <gen>
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Change ownership of Marketplace 0006 <gen> to (Triggering player) and Change color
Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + now controls the gold mine)
Trigger - Turn on Gold Mine Taken <gen>
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

but for some reason this dosnt work???? any ideas

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.