Crime Royal guardsman attacked a tourist who mimicked his marching

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
A guard outside St James's Palace attacked a tourist who was copying his distinctive marching actions, it was revealed today.

The Guardsman, who is supposed never to leave his post unless there is a threat to a member of the royal family, was provoked into lunging at tourist Nick Ibarra, clipping him around the head and aiming a kick at him.

It is understood the guard now faces the prospect of a 'dressing down' from his superiors.

The attack was captured on film by the 23-year-old's friend Suzanne Cadosch.

When the Colombian student began mimicking the guard, he lost his cool and went for Mr Ibarra.

Last edited by a moderator:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Nuckin futs!

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
These guys probably get a ton of sh*t daily....

chanta45

Reaction score
No, he deserves an award for putting an idiot who mocks a traditional culture in his place. Props to him

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
This guard deserves an award.

Agree. The guy who was mimicking the guard deserves that punishment. :) Not because he was "putting an idiot who mocks a traditional culture in his place" but because that is funny. :D Nah, those people are annoying when they try to annoy those guards. People agree, even on the linked website.

@Dr.Jack, violence is accepted when it is necessary.

Serious now, the guy didn't die, did he? :confused: That would be going too far.

But a stab and a kick is OK, ;).

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
> @Dr.Jack, violence is accepted when it is necessary.

I'm sorry, I simply can't see how it was necessary at this incident.
Don't get me wrong, I think the tourist acted like a dick, but the guard definitely deserves to be punished.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
What, for being mocked on what is probably a regular basis? He showed people that the guards aren't people to be messed with. They are a symbol of Britain and unfortunatley because no-one ever sees them do anything they think the guards are simply there for show.

You may want to check the comments on the the article itself as you might be able to better understand the motivations.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Being a guard is a job and an important one at that. He protects the royal family and although there may have not been a threat at that moment, if there was, that slight detraction could have been fatal.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I simply can't see how it was necessary at this incident. Don't get me wrong, I think the tourist acted like a dick, but the guard definitely deserves to be punished.
I agree on that..

You may want to check the comments on the the article itself as you might be able to better understand the motivations.
But that doesn’t mean you can use violence..

FireCat

Reaction score
What else could he do? Talk to the guy who obviously wouldn't even listen?
Well he could ignore him. not that a guard suppose to do?.. It's another matter if someone hit him and try to brake in..

FireCat

Reaction score
How would you feel is someone walked around copying your swagger everywhere you go?

I personally would get extremely angry. :)
Well I would ignore him.. even laugh how stupid he looks when he copying me, I don't think it be so fun anymore for that guy.

And anyway .. I think actually he would stop eventually really.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Well I would ignore him.. even laugh how stupid he looks when he copying me, I don't think it be so fun anymore for that guy.

And anyway .. I think actually he would stop eventually really.

Personally, I would love to put my boot up that person's ass too. :)

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
How would you feel is someone walked around copying your swagger everywhere you go?

I personally would get extremely angry. :)

Since when is anger an acceptable excuse of violence?
I'm sorry guys, I just can't see how you justify his act.

Sure, obviously the tourist is not innocent. And he may even deserves a nice kick right in the arse. However, violence - especially from an authority - is simply a crime here.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
A "nice kick right in the arse" is still violence. :D

And anyways, he didn't die so no harm done. The guards just need to put some respect back into the idiots every now and then. :rolleyes:

@FireCat, that's a lot easier said than done. What if he didn't stop? And also, even if the guy did stop, that's just one person for one day. Those things happen on a daily basis probably with different degrees of annoying.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.