UK News Royal wedding passes without a hitch as Kate and William seal it with a kiss

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
Considering the size of the audience, the two sets of trumpeters, two choirs and several of the most senior clerics in the land, the presence of the entire British royal family, 45 crowned heads from around the world and a guest list stretching to nearly 2,000, it was quite an intimate wedding. And, confounding all the understandable fears, nerves and precautions, it went off without a hitch.

Miss Catherine Middleton of Bucklebury, Berkshire went into Westminster Abbey at 11am and came out an hour and a quarter later, holding the hand of the second in line to the throne as Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge – she will not be known as Princess Catherine. At the moment of their wedding, the Queen bestowed a title on her husband, Prince William of Wales. In fact, there were three titles so that none of her realms felt left out: he also became Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus.

Yet, for all the pomp and circumstance surrounding them, the couple found space to share knowing looks and smiles, suggesting that the natural instincts and affections which Dr John Hall, the abbey's dean, told them at the start of the service had been implanted by God, were already in place. There were giggles between them as he struggled to wriggle the Welsh gold ring on to her finger.

More Here.

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Do you Americans have a huge banner that invites you to watch the wedding on your YouTube homepage?

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
I hope your not asking me, because I listed my location as Canada (the full name of Canada). But I would assume they do because while they have no ties to the Monarchy they have strong ties with the UK. That and many Americans were exited about this wedding. But that's just my opinion I wouldn't know for sure.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Do you Americans have a huge banner that invites you to watch the wedding on your YouTube homepage?

There isn't one now that I can see, but I recall there being one earlier today.

While obviously Americans have no direct ties to the British Royalty, like Slayer4000x mentioned, I think many of us feel a connection to Great Britain, so a lot of us are genuinely interested in this event. Personally, I think its cool that a lot of Americans care about this. In a way it shows respect for the kinship between the US and the UK. :thup:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I have nothing against thier wedding, But 70 million dollar wedding. eh?
and maybe It's time to get rid of the monarchy?!

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Just imagine if you put that money to something like medical research, or feeding starving children, various charities...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.