Other sacrifice: reincarnation

muchalive

Reaction score
I have an awsome idea for a never befor done map!!!!

Its a recreation of an awsome one of its kind game called sacrifice.

If anyone is willing to help me then ill do it!!!

GAMEPLAY: the gameplay of sacrifice in a regular skurmish is quit simple.

all players have a very important building called an alter. this alter servers 3 important perpuses. 1 it can revive your wizerd 2 you can harvest souls and 3 it helps you stay in the game.

wizerds: wizerds are you. the main people of the action. wizerds can do 5powerful things. 1 they can cast offensive spells like fire bolt. 2 they can summen creatures. 3 they can desacrate enemy players alters(other words destory their alter to beat the player) 4 harvest souls. 5 cunstruct buildings.

souls: souls are 1 of the 2 main and important resurcess. souls are needed to summen creatures. the powerful the creature is the more souls they need to summen. there are 2 type of souls. 1 is blue wich can be used automaticly and red souls witch need to be purified befor able to be used. blue souls come form units that you have summend. red souls come from your enemy's creatures.

creatures. creatures are your basic army. the higher lvl your wizerd is the more powerful creatures you can summen. there are 3 types of creatures. 1 ground units. 2 air units. 3 mana drawers.

mana gysers: mana gysers are gyersers that when near can replenish mana.
this is the 2 most important resource in the game. mana gyersers can be used by anyone, but in order to keep it for yourself youl need to make a well.
this structure keeps enemy units from being able to use them. now your thinking, so when i run out of mana i will have to come to the well to replenish? well no you dont. when you have a well you can summen creatures called mana drawers. these drawers can tap mana from the wells. the more mana drawers and wells you have in control the more mana you regenarate.

main objectives: the main objectives is to elimanate your oponent by desacrating(destroying) their alter befor they can do the same to yours.
to desacrate an alter you must sacrifice one of your creatures. once done witchdoctors will apear and will do the ritual. it takes some time to be complete. The only problem is that the wizerd can easy inturupt the ritual so you need to gaurd your witchdoctors. If all goes well then you will destroy the enemies alter and the wizerd will be banished!!! unable to ressurect.

YOU WIN!!!!!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Agreed, sounds real neat and interesting. Maybe you could work on your grammar a little in the map. :p It's wizard.

Anyway, good luck with this! :thup:

Twilight33

Reaction score
T_T wish i could find my sacrifice disk now. WHY WHY did you remind me that i want to play it.

ow ya sweet idea. i will help if i can, but i'm not very good at anything really, and i have my own project i'm working on right now so i dont have a lot of free time.

muchalive

Reaction score
I want to play to!!!

Yeah i hate myself for letting my (unreliable)friend borrow it he broke it!!!
Darn now i want to play it now :banghead:

I just have the idea now guys, i have not yet started the map yet.
I am searching for people to help me.

please some one help me if you ever want to see this game ever. becasue i know that other people will never think of making this game becasue all they want to make is DOTA and stuff that has been made over and over again. :banghead:

Twilight33

Reaction score
Really i dont think this will be that hard to put together. i just wish i still had my disc so i could remember what was all in the damn game lol.

muchalive

Reaction score
good times

I still remember :D its like pickmen. a uniq gameplay and its one of its kind.
its basicly a rare game. but awsome '' a wizard is dessacrating your alter'' :D

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
"In any halfway civilized world, I would be the ONLY god."

Hey, Muchalive. Figured I'd carry over my thoughts from your last thread:

I would imagine you could use the Warcraft races for any four of the gods. The Night Elves would be an obvious choice for Persephone, and the Undead for Charnel, though I don't know who would best fit James, Stratos or Pyro. Wizards could be handled with heroes, and their summoned creatures with custom units. The custom units would have to drop some kind of one-use item when they died, that could be used to summon another unit, and that would serve as a "soul". Not sure how you would handle the creatures that need 2 or more souls to be summoned, though...

You'd asked for a list of the creatures, etc. You can find most of that information here: http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/14060/ Or here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/914208/11466

For readers who have never played the game, or who lost their copy somehow, there's a demo here: http://www.enomaps.tk/ (Click "Enter", then the "Downloads" button on the pop-up that appears.) And since the game didn't sell as well as it should have, it's probably for sale cheap on Amazon or wherever.

muchalive

Reaction score
helpers plz!!

I do need some helpers to help me with this map. If not the following might occure... 1. i will lose intrest and give up. 2. terrain and gameplay may suck if not revised by a good world editor. 3. i might not know how to do some triggers that may help make the game like its original. 4. lazyness. :D

please help guys becasue i do need it. I have no idea how god created earth byhimself in just 7 days lol.

Twilight33

Reaction score
The custom units would have to drop some kind of one-use item when they died, that could be used to summon another unit, and that would serve as a "soul". Not sure how you would handle the creatures that need 2 or more souls to be summoned, though...

Makes souls an actual resource. set lumber to be the soul resource and then make custom lumber items with different values. then when a unit dies it drop the appropriate lumber item on the ground. you can make a custom model to make the lumber bundle look like a soul or just use a wisp.

muchalive

Reaction score
My plan

I was thinking of that. I think i have it all figured out now... Sence you get blue souls by your own units and red souls by enemy units the solution would be for me to make 2 gold coin based items. 1 for player red and 1 for player blue. Then i will make a trigger that when a unit dies from player 1 they drop player 1 gold coins. and for creatures from player 2 will drop player 2 coins.

Ill make another trigger that will some how display player 2 coins as red souls to player 1 and so forth.

For the convert spell that starts the ritual to change red souls into blue souls i would use charm as the base ability. but i do need some help... i may not know how to do the triggers correctly. :eek:

O and one more thing. To be able to summen creatures with 2 or more souls ill simply go to the object editor and change how much gold they are worth.

Right now it is the matter of me motivating myself to doing this is now my problem. :D so much work....

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Twilight 33, you're right, that solution for souls makes much more sense.

Muchalive, I'm afraid I won't be able to help with map creation for a while; you'll probably have the map done by then. But I'm not too busy to test, once you have a playable map. Good luck!

muchalive

Reaction score
i dont know about finishing my map tile then?

I havent really started the map yet.:p Im looking for atleast one person to join me befor i start.

That way i could get the map done quicker because i might need help along the way.

Ill wait till eather someone joins me or your finished with your project, if you plan on joining. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.