Sagas - Recruitment

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I'm going to deviate from my main / original post with my map and have this be a sort of recruitment for a dev team so to say. Yes, I know I've posted about wanting help before, but I think it was sidetracked by other posts and such. As my Original Post shows, the map's current progress is essentially done. But, this may be misleading. What this means is everything that is currently in the map is completed. This means there is limitless room to expand upon the game and add content. While I update core aspects of the game and create new features I need help from other people, such as yourselves to aid the progress.

Now, theres 2 groups of people I'd like to break this down into, if you know jass and if you do not know jass. Now the only requirement(s) I really have are that you speak English in a proper, understandable manner and that you can contact me every couple of days with what you are doing.

If you don't know JASS
-Item Creation
I created a very easy to use Item System that allows dynamic item creation. Essentially you have to have a tiny bit of experience with the Object Editor and know how to write a single line of code that my system reads. This is probably the easiest of tasks to do, but very tedious.

-Quest Creation
Probably the most annoying for me to do, I find quest creation very tedious and it can be rather tiresome to go through the multiple triggers in creating a new quest. If someone would like to do this, I'd be more than happy to

If you do know JASS
-Redesign / Cleaning Code
Some of the systems I have currently in the map are very old and need updating. I haven't got much time to update these old systems as I have a greater need to fix things that are broken and write new code. In essence this is just a cleaning of bad code.

-Spells
A lot of the spells need overhauls with the new way combat is done. Some of these spells are just buggy, some of them just don't have the same practicality or some are just bland and could use something completely new that you could create.

-Advanced
This is where things get tricky, if you are an advanced JASS coder, there are numerous other aspects of the map that I could put you to work on. There are a lot of new things I want to implement in the map, and doing them all at once takes me a tremendous amount of time. Halving the work would lift a burden off my shoulders.

Things I don't need help with
-Testers
At this point I don't need many testers, I have a few already that have shown interest in helping so please do not respond if you would like to test the map.

Please post here if you would like to be a part of this and help it grow.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Hey Steel. :)

If you need help, I can help. I currently don't have any projects and I just want to JASS a bit. For now, I guess I could clean some coding. Maybe later I could do some of the spells/advanced or even the tedious stuff if I'm bored. :p

I do have JASS knowledge (tons), and vJASS knowledge (intermediate knowledge)... I just recently got back to modding so don't blame me for forgetting some vJASS stuff. :p

If you need help, you can PM me. I don't check this section much so I might not realize if you posted. Good luck with your project!

hawky287

Reaction score
i suppose i can help with item and spell ideas xD
im not sure what u mean by the single line of item code
but im sure i can help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.