Weird Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

Last edited:

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
That is extremely funny and stupid at the same time. Next they wont be able to build snowmen at Christmas because they are white - "Caucasian". Snow Angels will be banned as well because they may be found offensive to Atheist, and Rudolph could be next, finding our beloved little reindeer offensive to kids suffering sever acne.

Is the phrase "have a Merry Christmas" going to follow? Changing it to "have a Gay Christmas", and granting a more PC approach in its appeal to the heterosexually challenged.

...outrageously retarded, thats what that is. *Headdesk..."Whack"

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
God, why are people so politically correct these days!?!?

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
That is so dumb. Changing

Ho Ho Ho

To

Ha Ha Ha

COME ON! Sure it sounds alot like the slang term, but it isn't even spelled the same and doesn't have the same meaning! Kids gonna learn offensive langugae? They shouldn't even know what the word even means! :mad:

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
HA HA HA that was funny lol but anyway I remember it as ho ho ho it should stay like that

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Well, looks like its about that time of year again. Time for another part of my childhood to get led out to the back and shot.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Merry Christmas! Ho Ho H.... Er... Sorry kids! I mean Ha Ha Ha!!! *Points and laughs at a kid with an upside-down face*

If you didn't catch it, the upside-down face thing is from Family Guy :p

Are they going to change 'Heave Ho!' To 'Heave Ha!' next?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here it is and will forever stay "Ho ho ho" as it means absolutely nothing in French, except maybe "high" if you don't pronounce the "h". Then again, if you don't pronounce it it's completely different. ;)

Impressive way of ruining a tradition. I never would've thought about it. Worst excuse ever, too. Kids don't even know what "ho" means. They associate it with Santa, period.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children
URL].

After Reading Over And Seeing That Part, IT made me chuckle :p. How will that frighten children when it never has in the past?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
What? Are they going to change the word "Hoe" For the gardening tool to "Hae"?

This is plain Ridiculous.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
>What? Are they going to change the word "Hoe" For the gardening tool to "Hae"?

Gimme my Hae! I have to Hae my garden or else the world will face the Armageddon!

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I though a hoe was a gardening tool? :confused:

lol I don't know if we just change hoe to ha and ha to hoe

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Ho is slang for Prostitute/Whore. They think that kiddies like 5 years old know what a freakin prostitute is so they tell Santa not to say Ho Ho Ho.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
Ho is slang for Prostitute/Whore. They think that kiddies like 5 years old know what a freakin prostitute is so they tell Santa not to say Ho Ho Ho.
lol i place 1 beat on that the first person who started Santa was drunk and was a prostitute

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Was this a problem 50 years ago?

Just shows that one day every single word will be related to sex and "offensive"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.