Screen Resolution Problem

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Hello, I'm having some problems with my resolution. I got a 26inch "Sharp Aquos LC-26D44S-BK" (1366x768) connected to my computer with a HDMI cable and a Nvidia 9800 GTX with the latest drivers installed.

The problem is that the only resolutions availible to me is 1280x720 and 1920x1080. I'm currently using 1216x684 (1280x720 with the edges removed, since 1280x720 makes me unable to see the whole screen), but I want to use a higher resolution, but 1920x1080 makes everything so small and all kinds of text is hard to read. Thus I'd like to use 1366x768 or 1600x900, but I can't use them even if I want to.

I tried "Add custom resolution" with the Nvidia Control Panel, but it gives me the error "[Resolution] is not supported by your display", even though the TV does support it. I remember that at one point I could use other resolutions when I had Vista, but since I installed Win7 I can only use two of them. Is there any solution to this?

Attachments

• Resolutions.png
    Resolutions.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 215

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Yes, I tried creating 1366x768, since I can't choose it from the list of resolutions, but it just says something like "This resolution is not supported by your display".

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I think it's just because it's a TV and those are the only resolutions it can accept, it's not as versatile as a monitor would be - it works with 720p and 1080p, which is enough for a TV i guess

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Well maybe, but why can't it support 1366x768 which is it's natural resolution? Also, I could use that resolution earlier when I had vista, but now I can't anymore.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Well maybe, but why can't it support 1366x768 which is it's natural resolution? Also, I could use that resolution earlier when I had vista, but now I can't anymore.

720p is a standard TV resolution, which is 1280 x 720 - 1366x768 is more of a non-standard resolution used by lots of netbooks/etc.

look at this picture - see where the "HD" definitions are? those are the resolutions that it supports, which makes sense for a tv

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Hm, seems I'll have to stick with 1280x720 then. Anyway, thanks for your help. (+Rep)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.