Server Upgrade

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
We are going to move to a bigger and better server within the next 30 days. We are going to try and make the move as seamless as possible and if everything goes right you guys should not even notice it. However, things do not always go right so I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on.

Some people might have noticed the site slowing down or getting an error message - this is because our current host sucks and so does the server they gave us. This move to the new server should remove all slowdowns and we should be good to go for a good while. We will post a forum wide announcement prior to the move as well.

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
this is because our current host sucks and so does the server they gave us.

Hehe. I've honestly not noticed any problems..but still, upgrades are always good right? :)

I thought I'd take this opprotunity to thank you for this community. All it has done to me is help my life. Every single member here is influenced by those who have high rep, and are kind, smart, and help people, and all we want to do is follow their lead! All it has done to my life is make me act the same way I tend to act in my posts in my life.

Thanks for the great community, and for constantly administrating it,
Knights:cool:

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Good news, I had pretty much problems with the forum lately (slow loading, or not at all, database errors and stuff) and I'm glad that the things will improve, we will be able to help faster after this :p.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Bigger Server means that we are gonna be down for a while..so how long will we be down for?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Bigger Server means that we are gonna be down for a while..so how long will we be down for?

> if everything goes right you guys should not even notice it.

Looks like we won't be down at all. That would be great. I'm glad we're getting a better server.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Thanks a lot TH!

By the way I saw that you changed abit the reply window, looks great, thanks for that.

Another thanks for opening a movies forum, I'm a big fan of movies - I always wanted a movies forums.

And huge thanks, finally, for running this community.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I would say that the longest TH would be down is for a day at max if something goes wrong...

Gratz on the upgrades. ><

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
We are going from a 2.0 Gig Celeron to a 2.4 Gig Quad Core Xeon, getting another gig of ram, hard drive mirroring and Network Attached Storage for Backups. We are also going to have a clean install and config of all the web server software so we do not have to deal with incompetent hosts setting things up. Literally this new server obliterates the current one in every way.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
We're running with a Celeron??!! Amazing. Hard drive mirroring is great, as well. Can't wait for the upgrade.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
We are going from a 2.0 Gig Celeron to a 2.4 Gig Quad Core Xeon, getting another gig of ram, hard drive mirroring and Network Attached Storage for Backups. We are also going to have a clean install and config of all the web server software so we do not have to deal with incompetent hosts setting things up. Literally this new server obliterates the current one in every way.

How much is this server going to cost?
Not for us...but for you..

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Good thing the tiny ads on the left pay for it xD
At least most of it.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Those little tiny adds pay for all of it + some. My ex-wife thanks you.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
As in no longer together. :p

If you are making that much off those little ads why don't you increase the number of them? I don't think it would make that big of difference on this site but it would in your wallet. :D

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>If you are making that much off those little ads why don't you increase the number of them?

It's not so easy to go up to a company and say "Hey gimme money so I can put your link on my site."

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.