Several marines? and a Trigger Problem

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a way to get more than 2 marines to name?

On my starship troopers defence map, i have run across some triggering problems.

For some reason this doesn't work.

Conditions:
Player 1 accumulates 25 vespene gas
Countdown timer is exacly 0 seconds

Actions:
Create tons of zerg units at multiple locations
Wait for 15000 milliseconds
Create a ton more of zerg units at same locations
^^^^^^ repeats 3 more times^^^^^^

I have triggers like this with conditions being different gas count. (gas count starts the levels) Gas cannot be spent, gas is not used to repair. Once the gas count reaches 25 the triggers stops working. I have seperate "level" triggers (what you see above) for each player. And for some reasone once player one leaves they stop working too?!?!

Besides the trigger problems what do you think of my map? Too easy too hard? Certain units too strong too weak? Fun boring? Is there enough instructions? PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS, i have been working on this map for months, and this is the second time ive tried to get people help me on this sight. I belive this map is good enough for some of your time, please help and thanks.

PS: I use SC X-tra Editor

Attachments

• starship troopers deluxe.scx
    119.7 KB · Views: 316

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
I think you should try using units brought to a specific location instead of resources...

K

Kuja9998

A Good Answer To A DUmb Ovious Question

get rid of the exactly 0 seconds as the game is never at Exactly 0 seconds. there is no reason to add that condition anyway as it is simply complicating the simple

Kuja

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Kuja, if that was true then none of those triggers would work. You might wanna test this out before you speak.

One of my questions was still not answered... is there a way to get several different marines? I'm wanting to have some of the Movie Characters on my map. I've noticed this in many of Panzer_kavalier's maps.

Ilendil

Reaction score
Only 2 types of marines... Raynor marine and the regular marine.

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
How does panzer_kavalier do that? I've saw multiple marines in several maps. Is there a patch out there or something?

Ilendil

Reaction score
Give me an example... or explain what you mean by different types of marines.

U

Unregistered

Well, he had marines that belonged to brown that were named A Trooper. Then for White marines named B Trooper. And for your color your marine was named C Trooper. These names and colors are all fictional, just for an example.

Also i've noticed that there has been a variety of different colors on other maps. Like tan, or pink. How do you get the extra colors?

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
whoops

That unregistered is me. I forgot to sign in.

What i mean by several types of marines. Just several marines to name.

Ilendil

Reaction score
Well... attach one of his maps showing these marines with different names.

And each terrain has a different set of those "custom player colors" (the colors you don't regularly see on the units).

Use SCM tool kit to get these colors and seeing which ones they are at the same time.

U

Unregistered

Sorry it was a mistake.. that map i thought had more than 2 marines, only has 2. Sorry

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, i have a solution to my first problem.

Now a different problem to fix. Once player one leaves on my map, it stops working. What i mean by stop working is the level triggers stop working. There are sepereate "level" triggers for each player. So that way if one player leave, other than player one for now, then his part of enemies stop coming. Why do all of them stop working if player one leaves???

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
I am in the process of converting the levels from gas relying to unit relying. But i ve come across a problem. There is a timer in between each level. This is the timer trigger. Player is computer enemy. Player 5 is neutral computer player that starts levels. Level starters are invincable dt's. Vespene Gas is still used to let the player know what level he/she is on.

Conditions:
Countdown Timer is exactly 0 game seconds
Player 8 brings exactly 8 men anywhere
Player 5 brings exactly 1 Level Starter to Level Starters

Actions:
Modify Countdown Timer set to 120 seconds
Add 1 vespene gas to player 1
Add 1 vespene gas to player 2
Add 1 vespene gas to player 3
Add 1 vespene gas to player 4
Create 1 Level starter at Level Starters for player 5 apply properties.

Now this triggers works great. But i have 2 skip timer options on my map. There is a beacon if you take a chooser to, the timer is set to 0 game seconds. But i have a continuous play option too. Once you take a chooser to that beacon, it stays there always setting the contdown timer to 0. This skips levels a lot, and causes them to stop working. Is there a way to keep this from happening?

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Another problem, Since i had to just recently implement rooms for Level Starters, i Have a long 1X36 strip of a location on my map. I have the level starters created there, but for some reason they pile up, meaning make a square, and don't follow the contour of my location. Is there a way to fix that?

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Also i have triggers to put them back into that location but for some reason it doesn't work. This is one of the "mover" triggers.

Conditions:
Player 5 brings at least 1 Level Starter to Level barrier (north)

Actions:
-Move all Level Starters from Level berrier (north) for player 5 to Level Starters.
-Preserve Trigger

Could this be because player 5 is neutral?

Ilendil

Reaction score
Neutral units aren't that easy to handle.... make player 5 a computer.

Ilendil

Reaction score
The level problem should be fixed by using different units, not just 1... you can use zerglings, hydralisks, ultralisks and at different amounts to start the level and at the same time show how hard the level will be.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.