Shared building that sells per-player upgrades.

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
I'm trying to setup a structure in my map that allows players to purchase upgrades for their mercenaries. These upgrades apply to all current and future mercs bought by this player. The upgrade portion is simple enough. The structure is a little more tricky.

Most maps put one structure per player. I don't really have the room for that, and I think it looks kinda stupid. What i'd like is a shared store front, where players can by the upgrades.

Here's what i've tried (and failed at):
Item Shop. Disguise items as upgrades, and sell them that way. Problem is, players can buy the item more than once - Now, I can limit it with triggers, even refund the player - but i'd rather the engine simply removed it for them.
Merc Shop Same idea. Disguised units as upgrades, and sold them that way. Same problem, too. Merc shops appear to ignore the maximum training cap for units of a certain type.

Any ideas?

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Once the item is baught, drop it remove it then have a trigger research something for owner of ( hero manipulating item )

Worth a shot.

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For units wise you can do

Player - Limit X Number of Training of X Unit for Player X

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Once the item is baught, drop it remove it then have a trigger research something for owner of ( hero manipulating item )

Worth a shot.

Yeah, I plan on doing that. But the problem is in preventing the player from purchasing that item again. :(

For units wise you can do

Player - Limit X Number of Training of X Unit for Player X

But for some reason it doesn't seem to apply Merc shops. I'm not sure how to make that work.

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
make a item merchant shop for each player
then when the item is sold, disable selling of it

H

HamsterBoo

Make the upgrade say, Sword Upgrade
Make the item, Sword Upgrade
Make the item have the tome ability
Make the item useless

E: a unit buys an item
C: Item equal to Sword Upgrade
C: (here make the if-do else-do thing) If owner of triggering unit already has Sword Upgrade upgrade
Do
A: Give matching player X gold
Else do
A: give matching player the Sword Upgrade upgrade

(This way you dont have to remove the item, it is removed when you buy it, as it is a tome)

OR (new idea)

Make each player an invisible building in the actual shop
Make it so if player 1 selects a building that isn't his of the invisible buildings or he selects the shop, make him select his building
This way each player has there own building, but it looks like one (and you can remove the upgrade for one player without other people being affected)
I would still suggest making the upgrades tomes, so you can buy them with a full inventory and dont have to remove them

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Make each player an invisible building in the actual shop
Make it so if player 1 selects a building that isn't his of the invisible buildings or he selects the shop, make him select his building
This way each player has there own building, but it looks like one (and you can remove the upgrade for one player without other people being affected)
I would still suggest making the upgrades tomes, so you can buy them with a full inventory and dont have to remove them

That's going to a be a pain in the ass, but it sounds like the only way to make it look good. If I do it that way, I don't even have to use items - I can make them true upgrades, with a delay and everything if I want. I'll go ahead and give that a shot. Thanks, HamsterBoo. (+Rep)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.