Shimmering Portal

S

Seb Boss

Can anyone help me? I created a special effect (Shimmering Portal) in the Prelude of my campaign, but it faces the wrong angle !! And added sounds don't play. I had to do it in special effect form because it has to appear after a few seconds (so it cannot just stand there before it is supposed to appear). I tried something like placing it as a doodad in the editor and hiding it till when it has to appear but i couldn't find the right action :banghead: .
The same kind of thing is applicated for some lightening bolts.

P.S.:I DO used variables
:(

S

Seb Boss

Please, can someone answer. I need this thread answered or will not be able to finish my campaign.
:(

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Patience IS a virtue, ya know...

As the title of this post would suggest, patience is a virtue. If you read the RULES of this forum, you'd realize that its not exactly a good idea to bump your thread so soon. People do have other things then answering you, ya know. So be patient, sit, chill, and wait like the rest of us...

S

Seb Boss

Sorry

Okey okey, sorry! It's just the first time i ask a question on internet. :eek:

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
make the portal a unit, then use a trigger to spawn it
events
elapsed game time is 5 seconds (or whateva)
conditions
actions
create 1 shimmering portal at your region facing whateva degrees

S

Seb Boss

NoxMortus, are you sure it's even possible, when i wan't to create a unit i get only a hole list of units. Anyway, i'll try

L

lazarusxl

It is possible. The "facing ... degrees" is important for your question.

I looked it up for you:
The portal can be found under Human units - Campaign - Special.

I myself was wondering how I could make the portal open or close, because I couldn't find a trigger function, like 'open/close gate', but I saw it working in a map.

S

Seb Boss

Birth

:D Thanks guys, it worked. And i finaly found something for the sounds, i just had to attach it to a unit or region.
:eek: But... actually... there is still a little problem with the birth animation. It appears in a second instead of playing the birth animation. How can i play it? :confused:

P.S.: I tried with the action: animation-play unit's (anything) animation, where
"anything" is a value!? How can the editor know what you mean with
a value instead of a function ??? I need such an animation because it's a
prelude map for my campaign.

S

Seb Boss

But if you write the name in capital letters or put a space just before it??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Unit - Create 1 Portal for <Player> at <somewhere> facing <whatever> degrees
Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s birth animation

"birth", like this.

And, yes, it actually works.
Even better, I had actually never seen it. Looks great... :)

L

lazarusxl

turn shimmering portal on? Use "revive destructible/unit with 100% hitpoints, show Birth animation.

turn shimmering portal off? Well, you can use "kill destructible/unit (shimmering portal)

PS I used the destructible version and I made it work with the functions above.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
ONLY moderators and Administrators can close threads. If they feel a thread needs to be closed, then they'll close it.

A group of "special members" are allowed to close OUR own threads, but nothing else.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Besides, you should leave threads up. Even if YOU've learned the answer, that doesn't mean no one will ever have this same question. Leaving the thread here allows people to search for it as it's pushed back a few pages...Not that anyone USES the search, but hey, whatcha gonna do, right? :D :p :banghead:

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
*Raises hand*

I use search. I use it often if I partially know the answer to the problem and I'm sure it was solved before :)

S

Seb Boss

Alexander said:
Besides, you should leave threads up. Even if YOU've learned the answer, that doesn't mean no one will ever have this same question...

I never ever said i wanted this thread deleted. Closing it won't hurt anyone; the answer on my question will stay here anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.